Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #11
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnagramE View Post
Thanks for the quick reply _Kharbon_. So I assume they have ways to tell when someone is using multirealm accounts to harm a realm, right?
sadly, a judgment which is very difficult to make objectively :| and one which is very prone to favouritism when made by a GM referee. the issue can come down to "are you fighting hard enough for your realm"? cresto above also is correct i think.

edit: i also support bois's suggestion below.

Last edited by fotomay; 08-15-2013 at 02:46 AM.
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

A level (like 52+) requirement to pick up a relic is a simple solution which will not solve every situation but is good enough to be a reasonable disincentive for little coding cost.

Cresto008 is dead on the money.
NGD makes money from multirealming.
They have zero incentive to change it.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
AnagramE
Pledge

AnagramE is on a distinguished road

See I didn't know any of that, this is my first MMORPG and I'm only lvl 45 yet.

Anyway thanks for the replies, I don't think I will multi after all.
AnagramE no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
starshine
Initiate

starshine is on a distinguished road

To be honest.. why should a multirealmer say in chat that he will take the relic because ignis wants it? That is stupid...

And this happens in all the realms.. Ignis had multirealmers taking the relics and so did alsius and so did syrtis...

Just.. yea it is annoying and utterly stupid.. but we all know ngd won't do anything about it, because since the merge, it is allowed to multirealm...
starshine no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Just.. yea it is annoying and utterly stupid.. but we all know ngd won't do anything about it, because since the merge, it is allowed to multirealm...
I think people are taking the "you're allowed to multirealm" statement a bit too far. It was only in the special case where a former Horus player moved to Raven and chose a different realm and after the merge found himself with Horus and Raven characters in different realm. Those specific players were allowed to multirealm otherwise NGD or Gamesamba would have to compensate them for the amount of time and money spent on character they wouldn't be able to play. The old rules should apply to everyone else, but then again NGD doesn't have the time or resources to monitor everyone, they never did.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
fotomay
Initiate

fotomay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwish View Post
I think people are taking the "you're allowed to multirealm" statement a bit too far. It was only in the special case ....The old rules should apply to everyone else, ...
i agree. the rule is that of course you are allowed to multirealm but... you are still not allowed to do things which break the spirit of the game. Like a soccer player who always kicks an own goal or passes the ball to an enemy player - such a player will be disqualified from the game.

this kind of rule enforcemtn can only be done by having knowledgeable and vigilant GMs. if NGD wants to have a serious role in the future of team pvp RvR DAOC style, then they better get a grip and start proper GMing.

they are a bit way off right now, but then the RvR mmo industry is in its infancy. In the next 5-7 years, we will see DAOC style mmos become multimillion$+ esports. Up to NGD if they want to play.
fotomay no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
ignis, multi, mutiple accounts, syrtis