Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 09-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #11
Tsar
Pledge

Tsar is on a distinguished road

Here's a good example of long bows (against my conjo in grinder set up).

Marksman, 35m medium bow, casts parabolic shot then proceeds to hit crit 7, normal 6, crit 401, normal 486, [energy barrier 5], crit 7, normal 6, crit 459, crit 674, normal 491, ethereal 5.

I can neither get in range or out of it. That encounter last 10 seconds max so no chance of getting near a tree.

Clearly this is dmg class vs muppet, but if you can do this with a long bow at 30-40m why even consider a short bow?

And also are people really running around with close to 50% crit hit rate?
Tsar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
Robasiewicz
Apprentice

Robasiewicz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
it's all in the RNG. but with new adaptability i'm able to buff my crit chance to 67%. bet i could get more if i cared enough
Robasiewicz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #13
NaturalBornKiller
Apprentice

NaturalBornKiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here's a good example of long bows (against my conjo in grinder set up).

Marksman, 35m medium bow, casts parabolic shot then proceeds to hit crit 7, normal 6, crit 401, normal 486, [energy barrier 5], crit 7, normal 6, crit 459, crit 674, normal 491, ethereal 5.

I can neither get in range or out of it. That encounter last 10 seconds max so no chance of getting near a tree.

Clearly this is dmg class vs muppet, but if you can do this with a long bow at 30-40m why even consider a short bow?

But you can have the 50% crit hit just with the sb
Old 09-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #14
Tsar
Pledge

Sorry wasn't linking crit rate to bow type, it was an additional observation in this instance. Of course with a short bow you can get a 200% crit buff. However, to use it you would have to be in range of your opponent because you are using a short bow and so are likely to be taking substantially more damage than if you are 40m away with a long bow...no?
Old 09-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #15
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post
One thing I love about this game is that it gives you plenty of options to do what you think works for you. There is nothing that says you HAVE to use this spell, or use this weapon... You got options. It's a good thing. It allows you to be creative.
The problem i see is that sb is not an option right now. The risk going under r30 is not worth the reward currently when comparing to lb.

A good solution imho would be to increase the damage for sb and reduce it for LB. (whilst maybe also finding a solution vs hunters dist shot you out of camo to buff up and kill in one ambush with cb, as in this situation sb work well due to high as and cb supplying the damage).
Old 09-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #16
Tsar
Pledge

It's a tricky one.

I prefer to play as a disruptive hunter - camo and head into the crowd, cause a distraction, break the conjos rythmn, thrown in a cc spell and hope a conjo has my back.

In the old days you could get in and get out alive (bring back the old escapist speed buff). These days a rvr hunter just ends up with a long bow spamming ensnaring and shield piercing with the marksmen.

I'd throw in a defensive spell (not passive) for shortbows and make the tree a bit more crowd control focussed. Although with the amount of cc resists (xim gear and spells) and two dispells per 50+ mage, CC spells are not as effective anymore. Realm battles are often cc, dispell, cc, dispell over and over until one side runs out of dispells and the warriors clean up.

Maybe passive's should largely be in the class specific trees, as we've seen with the damage resist passives in warriors being moved in favour of knights....
Old 09-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #17
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry wasn't linking crit rate to bow type, it was an additional observation in this instance. Of course with a short bow you can get a 200% crit buff. However, to use it you would have to be in range of your opponent because you are using a short bow and so are likely to be taking substantially more damage than if you are 40m away with a long bow...no?
point shot gives like static 25% crit chance at lvl5 (for 20 seconds or so). My marx for example gets almost 50% crit chance with it and my current gear But yeah, the fact lbs are so much better than sbs in almost all cases except rapid-shot cold blood interaction is annoying.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #18
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Makes perfect sense the way it is right now.t.
my point was,the damage dealt from outside of spell casters range should be less.since the max range mages have is 30m for a spell a bow that hits from 35m should be less thats all.bows that hit from inside thier range should hit more.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #19
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Makes perfect sense the way it is right now.

LB with slow AS, sacrifice AS for more damage.

LB with medium AS, medium damage and can get good range. Better balance.

Short bow with Medium AS, More base damage than LB with medium AS, less range.

Short bow with fast AS, less base damage, but can get more shots off in less time, which if you got a good short bow, can be pretty damn good.

One thing I love about this game is that it gives you plenty of options to do what you think works for you. There is nothing that says you HAVE to use this spell, or use this weapon... You got options. It's a good thing. It allows you to be creative.

I used ONLY long bows until I was level 57... I knew I was missing something all that time, so now I love the option of a short bow. I only skill SB colum to grounding arrow, so it's not like I use SB's a ton, mostly for fort doors and knocked down enemies. But they are still very useful for certain things. Plus, I LOVE the fast attack speed with rapid shot.
Except that well, magna sb has less base damage than ancient lb that is medium 35. Yes, magna sb has rapid shot and insane damage bonus (after you add up all the bonuses it has), but base damage is still less. Hell, if you take damage/attack time ratio, long bows win pretty darn hard until ultra-op items considering that pretty much static part of their damage gets removed in both cases.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote