General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 09:35 PM   #91
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
fulminating needs to go i agree, but why cold blood? hunters with average gear already do low damage, and not everyone will get these warmaster jewels straight away
Agreed. Hunters need cold blood with how much more overall damage, area spells and range marks have compared to hunters, without cold blood hunters would need jewels to even make a difference.

Quote:
btw... ppl can abuse spell duration amu
Yeah probably not a good idea to add spell duration to these jewels.

Quote:
Also I think you would need to increase base HP of all classes soon
I think with or without new jewels, NGD should do this anyway because of area chain spamming. Or nerf areas, like some of us have suggested in the other thread.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #92
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

With this update the Adrians phrase "we prefer updating the game in small steps" gets a new meaning.

I almost can't believe there will be again +40-50 elemental damage amulets available. Also can't understand +10as amulets...attack range...

This update will produce huge imbalance, which will be impossible to fix soon. It will take months, maybe years, untill the game will be +-balanced again. By that time, game will be dead, because most players will get tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Those that complain in advance... well, what can I say.
Noone is complaining in advance. It's because we all know already, what does it mean, full jeweled marks.

Before you'll shoot my message down with some sarky comment , think Adrian please, about what is this update going to produce.

It's not only about me, it's about tons of older players who think the same.
If you release this, you probably won't be able to revert those changes, same as you weren't able to remove/nerf existing dragon amulets.
If this goes live, many players will quit, that for sure.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:29 AM   #93
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post

Before you'll shoot my message down with some sarky comment , think Adrian please, about what is this update going to produce.

If you release this, you probably won't be able to revert those changes, same as you weren't able to remove/nerf existing dragon amulets.
+1

Trying to stay positive here though; NGD is working on updates (think back to a year or 2 ago!). If NGD is willing for some of their time exploring updates to be just that, exploratory, then we can accept less broad changes as long as they are happy to cut the crap. I'd rather we got one well balanced item as opposed to 10 items that throw the game into disarray.

I'd go as far as to say drop this update for the time being, get the rest of the balance issues sorted first and then look at introducing new gear; we've waited this long for wm jewellery, what's an extra few months.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:54 AM   #94
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You should see fb. It's full of old ignis players quitting, including myself. This update is absolutely absurd. Instead of fixing the core problem (calculations of existing amulets) they want to add more... like wtf. If you're drowning, the stupidest thing you can do is add more water.
Having something so powerful brought into the game that can be bought with WMC before realm balance is even fixed is a really dumb idea.

So not only is Alsius dominating, but they get an even bigger advantage now? Just glad I don't have to worry about it any more. Enjoy!
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #95
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tons of older players? Most of them left a long time ago. Imo new content will bring them back. I've talked with many friends about wmc jewelry and they are really excited :P. Ofc ppl are disappointed because more important leveling update is late, warlock is still forgotten or realm balance suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
This is the only way to fix the previous addition of jewelry. Adding more in order to balance the access to it. We can't remove the old one or change their effect on calculations. Sometimes, you just can't go back
Old 07-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #96
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No. Inbalance between players will drastically decrease, for those with dragon ammy won't be that big of a problem anymore.
Still, quick adjustments will be necessary like maybe the revamp of warlck mechanics or armor stuff.. idk... but you're right that it will consume too much time. in the upcoming three months, the rare species of warlocks will become extinct
Quote:
did you really just write that? awesome argument.
Quote:
oh how extraordinary. I have never read anything like this in my life before. wow.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #97
Ivramartono
Pledge

Ivramartono is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
This is the only way to fix the previous addition of jewelry. Adding more in order to balance the access to it. We can't remove the old one or change their effect on calculations. Sometimes, you just can't go back
I've been looking around the forum for quite some time but havent found any info about the
following. What exactly is your reason? Why cant they nerf the previous boss jewelry? Adding more powerful/accesible jewelry is practically the same thing as nerfing the previous ones so i dont get it, its value becomes lower either way. did i miss something?

Last edited by Ivramartono; 07-26-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Ivramartono no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #98
time-to-die
Baron

time-to-die is on a distinguished road

Wow cool update

And to all amu players MMMHAHAHAH!
time-to-die no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #99
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Tons of older players? Most of them left a long time ago. Imo new content will bring them back. I've talked with many friends about wmc jewelry and they are really excited :P. Ofc ppl are disappointed because more important leveling update is late, warlock is still forgotten or realm balance suck.
I wrote this now, because I talked with many active older players in game after this announcement. Believe me or no, they are quitting. Look, me, Inferno blaze, Wield, and there are many more, just like Wield wrote.
You got Tania-ed obviously, like your whole clan, who are all thinking that Alsius has least jewels and 'blabla bla we want to be OP too'.

The problem isn't only in the fact Alsius will get instantly huge advantage, whole update is senseless. It will completely change the gameplay, class balance, class options, everything. It's really no use for me explaining this fact by fact, it's just too much.
As Adrian wrote, the sudden increase of archer damage will probably need increasing of defense/base health. But changing defense/health will affect classes like knight or warlock, who deal medium damage. So you'll have to add more damage to them. But this will most probably affect other things that we just can't see right now. And that's only effect of +40elemental amulets. Let's take +attack range jewels now...
I could continue with the gap between wm players with jewels and lvl 50 players, this is gonna hurt even more.

I don't need to prove I'm right and you're wrong. If this were my only aim, only thing I'd have to do is wait 3months after these wm jewels are live and the game is dead.

Mark my words. 3months after this update the game will be completely dead with exception of those few 'excited old alsius players' who'll prove their OPness on newbies who didn't get the fact that there is no endgame anymore.

Last edited by halvdan; 07-26-2015 at 11:37 AM.
halvdan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #100
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You got Tania-ed obviously, like your whole clan, who are all thinking that Alsius has least jewels and 'blabla bla we want to be OP too'.
You don't know my clan. They left this game before you joined CoR. I was against all jewells but if they can't remove then I'm fine with this update. It's just my opionion. I don't want to be OP... just want to make things fair for all. And stop talking about Tania

I like amun changes so far. Finally new content since... hmm dragon caves? Too bad that we can't stash wm jewells. I have 6 characters so it's like 3 mln wmc :S Time to gather gold

btw... attack range jewells don't exist anymore. Adrian said something about spell damage as well. Remember it isn't only about Haven community.
Closed Thread