General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #121
LucianDeathshield
Master

LucianDeathshield is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terekon View Post
You failed the first attempt on horus since the warmaster release. Then we had some of the best warring I have sen in a while. How about you get good and stop complaining.
Some people just dont have fun if they dont win, apparently :P
LucianDeathshield no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #122
OpperVaagheid
Banned

OpperVaagheid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooge1 View Post
How are we supposed to steal gems now on Horus?
50 syrtis vs 20 alsius this morning and we broke gate took gems and got trapped inside when alsius took Aggersborg then we couldn't make gate in danger again.
Yep. Everyone was already affraid of this. This idea works perfect on RA again... but on Horus.. just way to less players
OpperVaagheid no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #123
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

I would like to get info on the invasion. When you got trapped inside, did the gate become invulnerable again even though you had gem?

If this is the case then an alteration would make things easier. If you are trapped inside and an invading army has a gem, the gate stays vulnerable till the defending realm recovers it (gem). If the defending realm has a fort and the opponents break out, once they (defenders) still control that fort , the gate recovers and becomes invulnerable in 1 minute after it is broken if you cannot recapture gem .
Once defender recapture the gems no matter where they are, the gate automatically becomes invulnerable once defenders control 1 structure.

If you (invader) lose the gem, and you still have army inside, I can't see any way around it to have the invader recapture the gem and make the gate vulnerable that way again. That could lead to exploits.

I think my ideas have holes in them although I can't see it at the moment. The question is, will this allow better scaling across servers?
Thoughts anyone?

Artec

Last edited by bois; 02-26-2011 at 02:33 PM.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #124
Aasiora-Leif
Apprentice

Aasiora-Leif is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terekon View Post
You failed the first attempt on horus since the warmaster release. Then we had some of the best warring I have sen in a while. How about you get good and stop complaining.
Quote:
Some people just dont have fun if they dont win, apparently :P
Maybe when it's your turn to invade another realm, you'll understand the frustration. It's not about we lost and we're just bitching about it, we're reviewing the system in general. As many of you have said, this new invasion system may be fit for Ra, but not for horus and the servers with smaller population. So please keep ignorant comments that suggest we're only complaining because we didn't win to yourself. If the situation was reversed and it was your invasion attempt, you'd be commenting on this thread as well. Had we even succeeded in taking gems, we would still have something to say about it

Looking back at this entire invasion attempt, the one most annoying thing was how a level 4 fort with a GC still had a flag. I've read the changelog, and there's nothing said about this, leading me to believe that it's a bug. This one error cost us a gem in the end (we were so close, we had an alsius gem between the 2 realm gates when aggers was taken and the gate respawn). What's done is done and there's no way to correct it.

I may be wrong, but I believe invasion attempts during actives times are now completely impossible as the system relies too much on numbers even moreso than before. Sure, the new mechanics may encourage spontanious and unplanned invasions (3 forts must be taken by any realm), but planned invasion attempts (1 realm trying to invade another without help from the third realm) now takes a large amount of coordination and players. We even had to designate players to stay back and guard the forts now and that's not really fun compared to the old system; I'm sure everyone would like to participate in invading another realm. This is just my view point. Perhaps this is the way NGD wants it to be...

and yes, artec, though we were between the 2 alsius gates when aggers was taken, we were still technically inside and the gate reappeared, leaving us trapped there. The gate was invulnerable and the only way to get out was somehow take back that fort and wait 15 min.

Lastly, though it's funny, realm gates shouldn't be so weak. You'd think that a realm would have the common sense to make their gate stronger than their forts, but no......we watched the alsius gate crumble in 1 second to a zerg of maybe 20-25.

Things need to be changed.

Last edited by Aasiora-Leif; 02-26-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Aasiora-Leif no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #125
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

in these few days i saw A LOT of bridge camping a few fort battles (at least a small amount with fort capture).
i suggest a simple feature: when a realm captures an upgraded fort that usually gives a certain amount of gold, the players will recive the same amount of xp (let's say from 2-3k up to 20 o 30k or whatever).

in these days of hardcore grinding this would be a great incentive to capture the fort (and even the non-gem realm would be encouraged to join the war and not only to camp their bridges) and give better battles
Latan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #126
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latan View Post
in these few days i saw A LOT of bridge camping a few fort battles (at least a small amount with fort capture).
i suggest a simple feature: when a realm captures an upgraded fort that usually gives a certain amount of gold, the players will recive the same amount of xp (let's say from 2-3k up to 20 o 30k or whatever).

in these days of hardcore grinding this would be a great incentive to capture the fort (and even the non-gem realm would be encouraged to join the war and not only to camp their bridges) and give better battles
There is only one problem with that plan. During a certain event where there were rosettes to be had by taking forts, some individuals from all realms decided to do fort swapping to finish quest without trouble. I take fort, I let you recap, then you let me recap over and over. Because of this, it is likely that players will try fort swapping to farm XP too. 20K will be a huge incentive to do it.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #127
Darcyeti
Initiate

Darcyeti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
There is only one problem with that plan. During a certain event where there were rosettes to be had by taking forts, some individuals from all realms decided to do fort swapping to finish quest without trouble. I take fort, I let you recap, then you let me recap over and over. Because of this, it is likely that players will try fort swapping to farm XP too. 20K will be a huge incentive to do it.
But for that great amount of XP the forts would have to be on level 4, not so easy swapping

Nevertheless I see the problem with swapping forts on level 2/3 to gain XP.

All in all I'm splitted in my mind. On one hand I would love to get XP from taking forts, on the other hand I would hate that unfair behavior.

Darcyeti no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #128
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Swapping wouldn't work if the other realm had to put money into the chest. I mean, do you trust your enemies to put money into it as well? Do you want your gold to become your enemies' exp ? :P

It would work with smaller parties though. 2-3 players could transform their money to exp then, and I'm unable to figure out a solution for this right now.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #129
tarashunter
Initiate

tarashunter is on a distinguished road

for the fort war one thing is sure,you will see no action for at least 1 or 2 months.....come on lvl 59-60 only require 1200kk exp...only 1 lvl.....so if you spend 150$ of xim you can be 60 soon...if you don't ...well take care because it will take you 3/4 months,after that you must farm for another 5/6 months to get full warmaster armour...
We still have NO RESPONCE on the request we done of more detail on warmaster tree discipline....
I'm still waiting to know that to decide if grind my barb or if i can go with hunter....
3/4 of my clan left the game after they know the ammount of the experience required to be lvl 60....ald players just come to take a look and gone definitely away to that game...
I repeat i like the update,but there are HUGE problems like the disinformation on many point that still ngd don't want to explain (like the warmaster discipline,or about all the passive resist that will make hunters especially sucks on their normal hits,invasion that are impossible to do,etc etc.).
We will ever get a responce on that?
The fun of the game for now is to breack the grinding session of other realms....this is all is going on on horus..nothing more...no war no other kind of action,just double frustration for the bug amount of exp and for the ppls that come in 10 to kill you alone...
There are 3 post on that tread that asking for more detail on warmaster discipline tree.
Pls don't tell us the answer is on the blog that say.........nothing.....just teleport skill....and after that?????????????

-Are all the warmaster skill the same for all classes?

-What are the warmaster skill (would be nice have a description of each skill)?

-will be there a limit to soket same dmg resist gems on one piece of armour?

-will be the invasion mechanism revalued?

-will be the fort upgrade revalued?
tarashunter no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #130
terekon
Pledge

terekon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasiora-Leif View Post
So please keep ignorant comments that suggest we're only complaining because we didn't win to yourself. If the situation was reversed and it was your invasion attempt, you'd be commenting on this thread as well. Had we even succeeded in taking gems, we would still have something to say about it

though we were between the 2 alsius gates when aggers was taken, we were still technically inside and the gate reappeared, leaving us trapped there. The gate was invulnerable and the only way to get out was somehow take back that fort and wait 15 min.

As you said you almost got the gems out. Since you were so close it doesnt seem the system is that flawed, more that you are frustrated that you fail. If I had been part of an invasion that was that close (which I have been) and failed I would not come on here and complain. Especially if a new game mechanic was introduced.

Be happy you didn't fail way before that. You almost had it out. I believe that if you had succeeded you wouldnt be complaining.

What would there br to complain about? "NGD we succeeded fix it..." doubt it. Anyway nice attempt.
Closed Thread