Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Zombrex
NGD·Studios

Zombrex is on a distinguished road
Default Regnum: Warmasters (Official Thread)

Hello to everyone. I've open this new thread to receive all your thoughts, opinions, critics and concerns in general related to Warmasters.

Here you can also post all your questions and problems that you may find along the way regarding the expansion, so we can give you an answer for that.

Please keep in mind that all posts not related to the thread's topic will be erased.
Zombrex no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
mr_scsi
Initiate

mr_scsi is on a distinguished road

All in all as far as content, I am impressed.

As to the mechanics and logic, I think you have missed some opportunities.

1) If you want to encourage more rvr/war/fort fights, you need to substantially increase the xp/kill. A solo lvl 50 vs lvl 50 seems to be ~500 points? That same 500 points can be made a matter of seconds for a barb grinding mobs. I would suggest something along the order of 1500 xps for a lvl 50 kill. And what about group xp and rlm bonus? Is that missing by design?

2) You seem to have forgotten about how hard a conjus life can be. Take my same xp example above, a conju hit me with 2 buffs AND several heals while in the midst of a 1 on 1 and got 20 xps for the effort. I think for that effort a more proper distribution of xps would have netted the conju 200-250 points, NOT 20..... No wonder there are so many 'warjus'. And how are they supposed to grind to lvl 60 on mere scraps from the xp table.

3) There seems to be a serious problem with people logging in to the client. It seems to hang for an eternity before completing to the character selection screen, then hangs again after character selection.

4) You removed the saves at the castles and the save guards along with them, but left the end point for the main gate teleporter in the same location. I don't know if this is by design, but we (ignis) had LOADS of fun farming the goats when they rezzed at the gate and ran to the teleporter (fastest way back to IMP). They didn't stand much of a chance.
mr_scsi no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
WarParty
Apprentice

WarParty is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombrex View Post
Hello to everyone. I've open this new thread to receive all your thoughts, opinions, critics and concerns in general related to Warmasters.

Here you can also post all your questions and problems that you may find along the way regarding the expansion, so we can give you an answer for that.

Please keep in mind that all posts not related to the thread's topic will be erased.
We need more mobs in horus currently we have way to many high lvls in inner trying to grind. It is impossible to grind right now and the WZ xp is a joke.
If you want us to buy scrolls we need mobs to use them on. Not going to buy anything if I cant make it benefit me fully. Using a scroll right now means I get 1 every 20 mobs as a solo kill the rest I am lucky to get 1 hit sometimes xp sometimes not. How are we suppose to cope with this please let me in?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
theotherhiveking
Count

theotherhiveking has a spectacular aura abouttheotherhiveking has a spectacular aura abouttheotherhiveking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
1) If you want to encourage more rvr/war/fort fights, you need substantially increase the xp/kill. A solo lvl 50 vs lvl 50 seems to be ~500 points? That same 500 points can be made a matter of seconds for a barb grinding mobs. I would suggest something along the order of 1500 xps for a lvl 50 kill.
This, or remove realm bonus and add a limited group xp.

Its just unacceptable some realms get 120~ exp per kill in war thanks to a realm bonus, and the others get only 30~ exp points. Take that away, put grp instead, limit the max bonus exp if necessary, just let us get some decent exp from wars. This is specially true for conjurers.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Your booster burns if you go to war, yes you get XP for the kills; however, the loss of boster vs gained is a very very bad return-on-investment. So what you have is alot of people grinding on boosters that won't go to war until their booster is over. I think the XP per kill or at least a +grp should be added to gain the full attention of those "grinding" with boosters.

All in all, I'm finding the expansion to be just fine. I get to grind some (with purpose) and then war some (with purpose) rather than a mindless act....there is at least some purpose in it all. (I used purpose 3 times in the same sentence for Zordak)
Comp no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
WarParty
Apprentice

WarParty is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombrex View Post

I would also like some clarification on why some people got more scrolls than others.
I did not buy any scrolls after lvl 50. I had around 9 million xp(enough to go from 50-58)that xp was taken ofc and I was given (1) 200% scroll (which will end up being about 500k xp).
Several clan mates said they also bought 0 xp scrolls after 50 and they had about 7 million xp. They were given (2) 200% (2) 100% scrolls.
So if they didnt buy any and had less xp than I did why would they get more scrolls?

P.S I dont care about the scrolls just curious why some got more than others visversa.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
tikinho
Initiate

tikinho is on a distinguished road

Killing 50 people from Alsius on Horus takes really long time took me around 5-6 hours off peak time zone of the server. Yesterday and i was hunting with some party we had to kill some of the grinders for 10+ times till we find enough unique players even taking forts and almost making Alsius gate in danger we didn't find enough unique players.

Experience you get from a war isn't a lot it is not that in a war on Horus 30 vs 30 people you can get more than 2000 xp and this war will take you lots of time vs. grinding on mobs but i don't mind grinding anyway just think again on RA you can find people easy and war almost non stop depends of the time zone you are playing and if you add more experience people will war more.

Can the enchantments be looted? I didn't see anyone that looted them.

How we are supposed to kill Evendim on Horus fully buffed Barbarians with party are doing very low damage?
Thanks for the server being down when vesper was supposed to spawn then for restarting the server to make a hot fix before the Syrtis peak hour so we didn't even had a chance go make a serious try on Evendim.
Are there new boss drops, because now bosses being harder should give better rewards?
tikinho no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Two points from me to improve this quite well-working system further:

1. There should be a quite decent temporary reward in order to have this system work forever. I'd suggest moving the 'there can only be one' dragon wish there, I don't think something like that should be an invasions reward anyway. (Useless to the realm, drama, etc) It would make much more sense to have it buyable via warmaster coins. And bring more fun to the war zone, as "just" armour and stuff like that still doesn't catch every player, (me, e.g.) such a reward would make warmaster coins much more wanted. It might be necessary to make them tradeable then though (it would really have great effects, such as consuming all the money item whores have if they want to continuously have it) but I can understand your fears (cheating) about this. Some strict regulations might solve this, one trade per week etc, don't know.

2. The warmaster coins quest isn't comfortable. It should rather be dropped automatically with decreasing number as you go on killing enemies (to replace the daily restriction) or go on killing the same enemies over and over (to replace the unique enemies stuff). There should be no point where killing more enemies won't take you further in order to have all players fight the whole time.

And it's necessary to create some balance between servers now. A calculation that fits to Ra will never fit to Nemon. To me that's one of two major flaws Regnum still has. (The other one is balance, obviously :P)
I posted two suggestions about this some time ago (1, 2, the warmaster coins distribution should be handled the same way) and now that you've fixed most of the flaws Regnum has I think this should be prioritized. This, and balance. (Monthly balance updates, please :P remember, balance takes time, you should always be working on it) There's nothing else left that annoys me about Regnum.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
Grinner
Pledge

Grinner is on a distinguished road

When i first logged in I was in doubt as to whether to go warju or stay conju. After going to war with some awesome fights I found i wasn't getting the experience to gain in levels.

I switched to warju and with in 45 minutes I gained so much exp I don't think i will go back untill i reach 60. Reading about Warmasters I was excited about the prospects. I still am about what will lay ahead with spells and weapons but now the only time I expect to switch to conju will be during invasions.

I thought with almost 7 million in exp that i would get an exp scroll too but that isn't really inportant. I will just sit back and enjoy the grind again. Yeah. I"m sick i like to grind.

What I liked about the update so far is there were a ton of wars. A lot of good fights. It had gotten people active again. After a couple of hours the fighting slowed down. I don't know if it was because of the realm time zones or because more people started to grind instead of war. Those that choose to grind on players will reach lvl 60 last imho.

I'm still looking forward to what is ahead. I think this has been a much needed expansion and has breathed new life into RO

Edit: Yes i just created this account, never felt like commenting before.
Grinner no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
tikinho
Initiate

tikinho is on a distinguished road

OK how to know when I am able to get the quest again i even don't know is it 24h after taking the quest or 24h after you complete it.
I did the Warmaster quests today when should be able to do them again?

On Spanish part of the forum I saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponter View Post
Will there be more adventures for Coins of Master?

Yes, we plan to include new adventures, most will be aimed at field RvR (Realm vs. Realm).
These adventures are available in a future update, which still has no definite date.

Change the amount of experience we get to eliminate enemies?

At this time the Quality Control Department is making sure everything runs smoothly.

Like all aspects of the game, and considering the population difference between servers and realms, some values may be adjusted in the future, although it is premature to announce or deny any change.

Greetings!
tikinho no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread