Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #161
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

I wrote about barbs, but same holds with other classes re preference in rings.
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #162
NaturalBornKiller
Apprentice

NaturalBornKiller is on a distinguished road

What are we talking about here? I repeat... the situation didn't changed for years even if any of the already listed solution could lesser if not erase the problem... and most of them are not hard to implement.
They keep saying that there is a bigger plan, that they need to revisit the armor system and so on... but if this is taking more than a month (and the time we are talking about here is WAY longer than that) a normal convetion is to adopt tampon solutions (let it drop again? lower the damage? whatever!).
The only possible explaination is that they want it like that for some reason that is beyond my comprehension... so you should stop asking what they don't want to give. That's my 2 cents
Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #163
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

That’s clear…
This game was better in the past, all updates until now just made it worse and worse.
Now,It is a Pay-to-Win game.
I GIVE UP
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #164
Ygarl
Pledge

Ygarl is an unknown quantity at this point

Woah... 1200+ dmg ensnaring?
NICE one!
(ouch!)
Old 11-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #165
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

The damage done by the archers with jewellery are a joke. Marksman with jew does 500-600 (or even more...) normals. I will not even mention about crits.

This is a huge problem destroying the balance. It hurts, trust me. Especially when you're playing a mage.

Adrian, please do something about it
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #166
oim
Apprentice

oim is on a distinguished road

Yes, hits of 600 dmg over a unreachable range of over 40 meters is a huge problem especially for locks. First problem is, those amulets are not dropable any more. Second problem is, there were no amulets for mages. Third problem is, the amulets have no disadvantage like attack or movement speed reduction or something like that which would balance the attack power a little bit.

Add new jewelry content. Make it class specific. Balance it with some disadvantages. Make it reachable for everyone, buyable for huge amounts of warmaster coins -> endgame motivation / boost of warzone activations.

It's a great game but balance it and give us motivation to fight
oim no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #167
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

I think ALL damage bonuses should be added after damage calculations, just like it is for gems, since DPS bonuses has gone way over the top.

Changing this little part of how its added to damage calculations would nerf them in subtle way and keep their attractiveness nearly intact and maybe allow for other items to get added in future.

ONE bonus same for all classes, regardless of buffs.

Perfect! Suggested many times! So, why isn’t this done already?
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #168
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
I think ALL damage bonuses should be added after damage calculations, just like it is for gems, since DPS bonuses has gone way over the top.

Changing this little part of how its added to damage calculations would nerf them in subtle way and keep their attractiveness nearly intact and maybe allow for other items to get added in future.

ONE bonus same for all classes, regardless of buffs.

Perfect! Suggested many times! So, why isn’t this done already?
maybe because it's not as easy as you m ight think and it wouldn't solve anything?

as far as I understand, absolute damage absorbation is the actual problem. If you have 300 armor points and a lvl 40 archer would hit you with 170 damage if you hadn't any armor, he will only do ~20 damage. Your 300 armor points just absorbed 88% of the damage.
On the other hand, if you get hit by a barbarian, your armor will also reduce the incoming damage just by 150. This meens, a 2.5k krit ends up with 2350 damage. 6% damage absorbtion.
Ask the lvl 40 archer if he's alright with his 20 norm hits. Is that what you call balance?
This is exactly what makes boss jewlery so bad. Once your enemy's ap are overcome, each additional damage bonus will hit him almost unbraked.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #169
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
maybe because it's not as easy as you m ight think and it wouldn't solve anything?

as far as I understand, absolute damage absorbation is the actual problem. If you have 300 armor points and a lvl 40 archer would hit you with 170 damage if you hadn't any armor, he will only do ~20 damage. Your 300 armor points just absorbed 88% of the damage.
On the other hand, if you get hit by a barbarian, your armor will also reduce the incoming damage just by 150. This meens, a 2.5k krit ends up with 2350 damage. 6% damage absorbtion.
Ask the lvl 40 archer if he's alright with his 20 norm hits. Is that what you call balance?
This is exactly what makes boss jewlery so bad. Once your enemy's ap are overcome, each additional damage bonus will hit him almost unbraked.
If for example an average marks normals get nerfed with about ~35 dmg and a bosswhores damage gets nerfed with ~70 dmg. I would say that helped solved the something, since the gap between players with and without good gear gets reduced a bit.

I dont see the title saying "Armor and how it affects the game" and i dont want to speculate whether or not NGD intend to change it in the future.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #170
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Still no response from NGD? meh...
Sentan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote