Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-01-2017, 09:38 PM   #11
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMIN View Post
it was the same on Nemon. The server was not big but people played for fun. On Haven I see 1/2 of the population sitting at cs, atleast in Alsius.
Gotta rest at CS whilst waiting for all the enemies to log off amirite
Old 06-01-2017, 10:10 PM   #12
Matrim
Pledge

Matrim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMIN View Post
it was the same on Nemon. The server was not big but people played for fun. On Haven I see 1/2 of the population sitting at cs, atleast in Alsius.
i do wonder why people prefer to war against no opposition is there an incentive for this kind of behavior?

When I was involved in the first invasion for alsius on horus it was damned hard work, we did it super late at night organised multiple clans and still had to fight for it. We did it super late on and still met resistance.

so why do people enjoy doing this maybe some of those that are key in invading can tell us? can you guys name any names?
Old 06-02-2017, 07:19 AM   #13
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

Low population lol thats a bullshit excuse for haven. Low population? Just go to an SM and see, theres fucking 30+ in each realm at sm, and then when it is doen they just log off. Its just that nothing motivates players to actually go to a fort and war, it is like they need ready-made op farm or war to come, and they are even lazy to do that. They just sit at cs and log off. Haven has become a boss server. Even though WE DO get good wars at times it is just that people dont care about war, they care about wmc or bosses.

Old players returning COULD be a fix, who knows, as far as i know, i do see a ton of players in ignis and syrtis during sm, while for war only 1/5th of them come, but because there is no one to lead them to battle, old players could fix that.
And these old players, they all left for ra because haven was not good enough warring for them, and now haven goes into low warring population because of these emmigrants, maybe if These players that all left for ra, could 1 day log haven and war? Would be like 10+ people logging every realm from Ra, even more, that could result in a war the same as in Ra.
But they wont cuz they are too lazy or just want to keep at Ra because it is more satisfying to them.
saumya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #14
kowocki
Initiate

kowocki is on a distinguished road

The problem is low population of the realms, so low that a single conju or 2 barbs make so big difference that the fights go one sided and dull.

Been yesterday on Haven, We took Alga (7 goats), 3 syrtis came, and I am not surprized that they gave up after few attempts. Therefore I prefer to play on Ra like many other player who still play this game-> on ra my presence is irrelevant to the balance between realms.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #15
Anunnaki
Banned

Anunnaki is on a distinguished road

The era of hunting ended after the leveling update, in the past low levels had to grind and when you gank them they call for help and then epic shit start, hunter was so feared and fun to play.
Now everyone camp forts and move together to farm wmc, xp. RIP .
Anunnaki no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #16
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Becoming a boss server process started long ago when Syrtis crashed in population. Then this started to move to other realms too.

Old players want to war and when Haven do not provide that they move. You cannot blame them for moving RA and you cannot blame others for not playing an empty server when you cannot bear to level another d*mn character to 60.

This second category includes me - if i can level another 60 i will do so on RA, but spending ton of time and ximerins to do so is absurd. I guess i will wait if merge happens sometime in the future and return then...eventually...
Old 06-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #17
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Gimme some o' dis on haven

https://youtu.be/KKTNgUzHvIA
Old 06-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #18
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Let's talk about Haven then!

First of all, I'm going to be a bit blunt here. But I think it is needed, we really need to understand why things are like they are now.

Why do we keep Haven like it is and we don't merge it with Ra?

We don't find it as a solution. We see it more like a last resort, and a bad one. Haven is unique, it is a smaller and quieter world that used to have decent activity with smaller numbers than Ra. This is something a lot of users prefer and that some others preferred.

Why it seems dead now?

When it still had those decent numbers and activity, the majority was still against a merge but, let's say, a third was eager for that merge. Slowly they started migrating to Ra. Our policies couldn't be changed to disallow this because it would leave a lot of players in a limbo, losing their characters and progress.

With time, those numbers were slowly going down, to a point that after that third was gone, the opinion on merging got a majority for the "yes". A lot of players that didn't want a merge got to the extreme situation of having to reconsider due to the lack of population.

But NGD is at fault. They don't bring players, the game is boring!

We can't bring players to a game that fails retention on the first levels. We focused on fixing a lot of stuff in the end-gameplay to keep existing players and some that left a short while ago and keep population stable. It worked, but we didn't count on this massive migration to Ra. We saw it coming but not quite like this.

Ra, with the same updates, same gameplay and same content keeps its population stable (counting out ex-Haven players). Not only because there is more population, but because people feel we're going good even if we do it slowly.

We understand that it's not fun to wait while the numbers are low, but this is like a downward spiral. One gets fed up, then two, then everyone. As we are "a small team(TM)" we couldn't do things other way. Step by step. End-gameplay to keep the current players, then the Anniversary (if we didn't do anything big everyone would kill us) that we decided to do something that stays in the game, not something temporary. Now it comes to a month of bugfixing and then new Roadmap that will start with Low Level Warzone (Squid Island) and Clans.

So, this "small team(TM)" was relying on the community to be stable and believe in us. Yeah, lame, but the only thing we could do. Either that or use the last resort, killing a variation of the Regnum worlds that would offer a very different option to the many players that like this (even some Ra players go to Haven for this).

Let me be clear: this is not about faults. It is our responsibility and our actions through the years took us where we are now. But since the mid of last year we were given a new impulse for Regnum and we shared a new direction (Action Plan) and we almost fulfilled it completely (Clans, postponed sadly) and we're going to make a new Roadmap and we plan on fulfilling it as well. Our only petition: help us keep things stable. No obligation, of course! Just a petition.

Then, what is going on with Haven?

This is just my opinion on what I see, listen and feel. Haven community thinks the solution is more players. It seems logical, and it is. But to get there, there are so many things to do that the first step should be maintaining stability. We failed at that.

But the community, I feel, didn't help as well. No hard feelings, it is completely understandable. Come on, this guys promising more population for years and blah blah. It is difficult to make people believe in us due to our past. But for the first time, since mid last year we could set things right to face a better future for the game. We stopped promising stuff and commited to feasible goals. I think things are going well for this small team. The Soul Monger was something incredible for us, for the short time we had and how ambitious it was for us.

Ok ok, enough of feeling sorry for yourselves. What will yo do now?

As I said, we are facing a month of bugfixing and later on we will have a Roadmap for the rest of the year. In order to bring new users to the game we need to make the first levels enjoyable. How? With the best thing this game has: RvR. Squid Island needs objectives like the real Warzone but not as complete, of course: you will have to want to get to the higher tiers of the gameplay.

At the same time, Clans will be reworked as they are key in retention as well. After we achieve this, we will make the first marketing campaign in a long time. We will have something big to show (Soul Monger) as a hook and also the low level gameplay done, which can't be used as a hook. It is there because it should be!

I'm not satisfied! I want it now!

We're doing what we can with the resources we have. I know that's not enough given the current situation, but please try to look at what we're doing (specially what can't be seen!) to keep Regnum alive and you'll hopefully change your mind.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:18 PM   #19
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Why do we keep Haven like it is and we don't merge it with Ra?

We don't find it as a solution. We see it more like a last resort, and a bad one. Haven is unique, it is a smaller and quieter world that used to have decent activity with smaller numbers than Ra. This is something a lot of users prefer and that some others preferred.
Regarding your next question in your post (Why it seems dead now?), I wanna ask you something:

Did you think about it someday why it is dead now (most of the time)?

It does not seem dead, it is dead, completely. At European mornings there's hardly on anyone, if one realm has 5+ on they will go and "try" to invade the other realms then log off after failing.
Why? Because they cannot do anything else but that. Not enough people on to do WZ bosses, not enough people on to kill dragons, not enough materials to craft the same old items, not enough enemy on to earn some WMC.
That is all you can do as a player, no solo missions, no other things that you can do without a zerg.
I personally don't bother to log in because I know if I log in, all I can do is waiting at cs because not enough players for TDM or not enough enemy on to get a nice fight with and / or earn some WMC.

There should be rewards for logging in each day, there should be daily solo quests with rewards, there should be things that you can do ALONE, when no one else or not many on. Then it'd be worth to log in for me every day.
The reward options are endless, magna, WMC, Champions coin, Boss gear fragments or dragon gear fragments that can be assembled to obtain the original drop, even dragon weapon materials, really, you only need to use your imagination....

Quote:
But NGD is at fault. They don't bring players, the game is boring!

We can't bring players to a game that fails retention on the first levels.

Ra, with the same updates, same gameplay and same content keeps its population stable (counting out ex-Haven players). Not only because there is more population, but because people feel we're going good even if we do it slowly.
You can't bring new players to the game because there are no mobs to kill (low numbers and even lower respawn time, even for Haven), no quests to take after a certain level, no quests that give significant XP, leveling in war is still hard, players from LV30 right until LV55 should get free gear every 5th LV, XP distribution is broken ( you get nothing even after using a LV5 power ), you shoud get the reward for the smallest effort you do, low or high LV shouldn't matter at all....Some things that made it impossible for me to restart again on RA.

Let's be honest, your levelling system sucks. You should be able to get to the maximum level only by doing quests within a few weeks (1-3), your premium items are outdated, focused on one thing only: the slow and painful leveling of a new player and the will to reach the WM status.
XP, WMC and Gold boosters, mounts with the same speed and equipment boxes.
If you, as a low lv player don't want to run from Skollheim to Gokstadt to do a letter task that gives 4k XP when you need 80k to get to the next lv, you can buy a mount and a XP boost then start to kill mobs if you have patience enough to find enough yellow mobs that give more XP instead...Not the way.

You should add new items such as emotes, weapon skins, new scrolls, new mounts with different speed, involve crafting too, there are endless options other than XP scrolls and diamond boxes.
Make it possible to reach the maximum level fast and easy, doing quests only, then build on that player base (Lv60) when it comes to the premium items and stop forcing newcomers to buy things to get to the max LV by using premium items....Should be the way imho. There would be more new players in-game I think.

Quote:
Ok ok, enough of feeling sorry for yourselves. What will yo do now?

As I said, we are facing a month of bugfixing and later on we will have a Roadmap for the rest of the year. In order to bring new users to the game we need to make the first levels enjoyable. How? With the best thing this game has: RvR. Squid Island needs objectives like the real Warzone but not as complete, of course: you will have to want to get to the higher tiers of the gameplay.
About time to start fixing some bugs, you keep adding new content but mostly forgetting about the bugs...Giving more work for yourselves in general, more content = more bugs (wouldn't be the case if there wasn't any unfixed bugs ).

I hope years-long exiting ones will be fixed too, the most annoying one for me is still the one when you lose an attack cycle because, the spell you were trying to use was on CD, you didn't have enough mana to use the spell that was on CD, the target has moved out of range while you were trying to use the power for which you didn't have enough mana...Or the target finally was in range, so the casting of the power has started, but suddenly the target has moved outta range, the mana was consumed and the spell went to CD, but the spell did not land on the target.

About clans, there should be more than just the so called clan chest, there should be clan powers, such as passive STR/INT/DEX bonus for being part of a clan, there should be clan missions, well rewarded clan missions and some kind of new title system, with each achievement acquired for a certain condition reached in-game, you should get a new rank with a nice reward of course.

One last thing about the Squid Island and the "RvR" for low(er) levels, imho RvR is endgame content, unless you have a big group of low levels that are willing to play RvR among themselves...Without enough players it will not work for newbies.

^^Fast leveling by quests to LV60 > Solo missions for every player > rewards for daily log in > new premium items for lv60, would be my way

PS: Sorry for the rude parts, always saying what I'm thinking, noticed by re-reading
Old 06-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #20
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri_Ronso View Post
Regarding your next question in your post (Why it seems dead now?), I wanna ask you something:

Did you think about it someday why it is dead now (most of the time)?

It does not seem dead, it is dead, completely. At European mornings there's hardly on anyone, if one realm has 5+ on they will go and "try" to invade the other realms then log off after failing.
Why? Because they cannot do anything else but that. Not enough people on to do WZ bosses, not enough people on to kill dragons, not enough materials to craft the same old items, not enough enemy on to earn some WMC.
That is all you can do as a player, no solo missions, no other things that you can do without a zerg.
I personally don't bother to log in because I know if I log in, all I can do is waiting at cs because not enough players for TDM or not enough enemy on to get a nice fight with and / or earn some WMC.

There should be rewards for logging in each day, there should be daily solo quests with rewards, there should be things that you can do ALONE, when no one else or not many on. Then it'd be worth to log in for me every day.
The reward options are endless, magna, WMC, Champions coin, Boss gear fragments or dragon gear fragments that can be assembled to obtain the original drop, even dragon weapon materials, really, you only need to use your imagination....

You can't bring new players to the game because there are no mobs to kill (low numbers and even lower respawn time, even for Haven), no quests to take after a certain level, no quests that give significant XP, leveling in war is still hard, players from LV30 right until LV55 should get free gear every 5th LV, XP distribution is broken ( you get nothing even after using a LV5 power ), you shoud get the reward for the smallest effort you do, low or high LV shouldn't matter at all....Some things that made it impossible for me to restart again on RA.

Let's be honest, your levelling system sucks. You should be able to get to the maximum level only by doing quests within a few weeks (1-3), your premium items are outdated, focused on one thing only: the slow and painful leveling of a new player and the will to reach the WM status.
XP, WMC and Gold boosters, mounts with the same speed and equipment boxes.
If you, as a low lv player don't want to run from Skollheim to Gokstadt to do a letter task that gives 4k XP when you need 80k to get to the next lv, you can buy a mount and a XP boost then start to kill mobs if you have patience enough to find enough yellow mobs that give more XP instead...Not the way.

You should add new items such as emotes, weapon skins, new scrolls, new mounts with different speed, involve crafting too, there are endless options other than XP scrolls and diamond boxes.
Make it possible to reach the maximum level fast and easy, doing quests only, then build on that player base (Lv60) when it comes to the premium items and stop forcing newcomers to buy things to get to the max LV by using premium items....Should be the way imho. There would be more new players in-game I think.

About time to start fixing some bugs, you keep adding new content but mostly forgetting about the bugs...Giving more work for yourselves in general, more content = more bugs (wouldn't be the case if there wasn't any unfixed bugs ).

I hope years-long exiting ones will be fixed too, the most annoying one for me is still the one when you lose an attack cycle because, the spell you were trying to use was on CD, you didn't have enough mana to use the spell that was on CD, the target has moved out of range while you were trying to use the power for which you didn't have enough mana...Or the target finally was in range, so the casting of the power has started, but suddenly the target has moved outta range, the mana was consumed and the spell went to CD, but the spell did not land on the target.

About clans, there should be more than just the so called clan chest, there should be clan powers, such as passive STR/INT/DEX bonus for being part of a clan, there should be clan missions, well rewarded clan missions and some kind of new title system, with each achievement acquired for a certain condition reached in-game, you should get a new rank with a nice reward of course.

One last thing about the Squid Island and the "RvR" for low(er) levels, imho RvR is endgame content, unless you have a big group of low levels that are willing to play RvR among themselves...Without enough players it will not work for newbies.

^^Fast leveling by quests to LV60 > Solo missions for every player > rewards for daily log in > new premium items for lv60, would be my way

PS: Sorry for the rude parts, always saying what I'm thinking, noticed by re-reading
Pretty much sums up what I would say. +1