General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #281
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Regarding fort rewards, is there any system in place to prevent people from abusing the rewards system? For example, two realms staying inside a fort, alternately capping after the reward is given? Or alternately a huge zerg just moving from one fort to the next to collect rewards? This simply leaves the defending realm to retake empty forts, which leads to rather boring gameplay.

If you remember back to Horus days, there was an event with rosettes, where these items were rewarded upon fort capture. We did see groups of players game this system to very rapidly gain rewards by repeatedly capturing a fort with another realm. I would hate to see the same thing happen to this system.

I don't have a solid idea on how to fix this, but it'd be interesting to see what other people thought. Perhaps making the reward proportional to defenders / attackers.
Its a legitimate concern, it likely would be abused if the reward you can get are a lot more significant.

Also some have farmed WMC for years on a single character. Is this going to be insignificant? Some have "earned" and spent it on the useless rewards, others have just not been bothered with the quests because... terrible rewards... their time zone and the quest giver position etc.

It feel a bit awkward to me, new reward system, new rewards? then we should start with a clean slate.

Something finally have to be done the NPCs that give WM quest, running into "safe zone" every other day, maybe with multiple characters. Its just really stupid NGD.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #282
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieceofmeat View Post
Something finally have to be done the NPCs that give WM quest, running into "safe zone" every other day, maybe with multiple characters. Its just really stupid NGD.
This is probably what held me back making warmaster for such a long time. I'd have all the quests complete, but couldn't be bothered running all the way back into town to hand them in.. usually because there was war going on, or because it just takes so damn long. Then you have to wait for the quest to reset. So if you forget or stuck in war and hand it in just after they have reset, you need to wait a day, then ride all the way back into town again.
I feel like I spend most of my time in this game on the back of a horse.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #283
Hopeakettu
Initiate

Hopeakettu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartpancakes View Post
I feel like I spend most of my time in this game on the back of a horse.
This vid never gets old

But at least there's some traffic between war zone and inner realm
Old 05-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #284
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeakettu View Post
This vid never gets old
Hah, yes, this sums it up pretty well!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #285
Iheartpancakes
Banned

I've always wanted to see wm quest npcs and trainers found in forts. Perhaps a trapdoor to a training area underground with trainers, wm quests and training dummies to test your dps.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #286
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Or just put the WM NPCs at the Great Wall like the event NPC usually is
Old 05-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #287
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
- Sprint: Cooldown changed to 40 seconds. Absolute Spell Resistance changed to Range Received Damage: -30%/-30%/-30%/-60%/-60%. Duration changed to 10 seconds.
So do I understand it right, Sprint will be +35% speed for duration of 10seconds with pretty high ranged dmg debuff? Or will it stay on 25% like before?
Why one class which is generally considered to be most powerfull(effective), or atleast the class which is in its current state everything but not weak, going to get unexplained huge buffs on its already enough effective spells?

Also, if you're doing changes on character interface, would be nice to change description of intelligence. More spell duration, really?
Or even better, make this dream description come true:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg int.jpg (7.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by halvdan; 05-17-2015 at 03:30 PM.
halvdan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #288
pieceofmeat
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
So do I understand it right, Sprint will be +35% speed for duration of 10seconds with pretty high ranged dmg debuff? Or will it stay on 25% like before?
Why one class which is generally considered to be most powerfull(effective), or atleast the class which is in its current state everything but not weak, going to get unexplained huge buffs on its already enough effective spells?

Also, if you're doing changes on character interface, would be nice to change description of intelligence. More spell duration, really?
Or even better, make this dream description come true:
I guess NGD like the barb and babysitter element of this games RvR.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #289
Ivramartono
Pledge

Ivramartono is on a distinguished road

The change for sprint needs to be in its own seperate balance update because you need to change all other skills and mechanics to issue any following consequences. The RNG update and everything related to rng should be implemented now if i look at the schedule. Sprint isnt related to any consequence made after rng modification.
Bring it live already D:
Ivramartono no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-17-2015, 06:48 PM   #290
pieceofmeat
Master

They wait for the 8 year anniversary.
Closed Thread