Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
Shotya
Pledge

Shotya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Of_Angmar View Post
So far only tested my hunter....

-I like how the new animation is when in range/out of range. (e.g. holding the bow out like aiming while in range)

-I saw that I could no longer change my weapons and armor by putting them on a skill bar button, was this intentional? I play ninja sometimes(right now :P) and the bow switch is really key for me so it's almost necessary that I am able to put them on a bar for quick switches.

-It really doesn't seem like I'm hitting a whole lot faster, even just standing still. Its hard to tell from these animations when the shot is totally off and I can move again.

Try fighting a strafing melee class with your ninja. Try figting someone who runs away.
Shotya no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Yeah the lack of precasting is really really tricky.

Apart from that I haven't had much problem with spellcasting while moving (barb), position seems much more manageable (Although having people zoom behind you while they get knocked is amusing), What I've noticed is it will fire off a normal hit animation without performing a hit before starting to cast, and if you've moved too far in that time you lose the spell – Annoyingly it does initiate the spell's cooldown but doesn't show it anywhere (could be related to global cooldown?)

I'm having some issues with spells showing up as level 1 on my quickbar (and only my quickbar) when they're actually level 3 or 4.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #23
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Do we have to stop to select someone ?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 AM   #24
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

so Many warriors are overjoyed about this we have been waiting for this for a long time. after alot of training i have come to notice and i feel that this nerf to the range is a bit to much imo i think it should be toned dow

Last edited by Klutu; 09-17-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Klutu no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #25
NotScias
Baron

NotScias will become famous soon enough

Tested it with SM conju and barb ...

What I like in this update :
  • Global cooldown : I think it's cool to be able to buff in the same speed whatever the speed of the weapon we use.
  • Realm colored nicks / pet names : It's less confusing and more clear.
  • Improved attack speed (for ranged) : This makes the game more dynamic and the grinding at low-lvl less painful.
  • "Realtime" action : maybe it's because when I tested, Amun server was quiet, but I feel that now the battles are more realtime, when you hit an enemy, you see it in the log and the hp bar drowns immediately and not with some seconds late, I really have the feeling that there's no more lag in battles.

What I don't like :
  • Unable to cast/attack while moving : I really think it's the more annoying part of this update, now ranged classes and especially mages will be at the mercy of warriors, because they won't be able to cast without being completely stopped, and then warriors will be able to reach them without any difficulty and cancelling their casts... I know that ranged need some nerves and warriors some improvements, but I think this new feature is too crazy...
  • Instant spells (mages) nerfed : Now all instant spells have a cast time, like Synergy bond, now is 1s cast time, and then you need to be stopped to be able to cast it... but some instant cast spells like Mind Push (also "nerfed") is especially made to escape from an enemy, and really needs instant casting, if you have to stop to cast it, it becomes really useless...
  • New animations : Even if I think that some change is always good, I think that the new casting and combat animations are... ahem... not good, and not so useful.
  • No pre-casting : It was a really useful trick, now it's annoying because sometimes to be able to cast something you have to hit the button several times, it's annoying. I hope it will be back.

What I think useless :
  • Ability to name mounts
  • New rock textures (I think they are ugly compared to previous ones)

Globally :

I don't know what to think about this update. For me, there's good things and bad ones too, but globally, I don't really like this update because there's too many nerves against ranged, instead of improvements for warriors.
Really I think there's too much sacrifice for ranged, who will have almost to relearn to how to play this game.

Best regards,

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #26
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
Hmmmm.... we will look into this... do you feel as if you fail more spells now?
Not so much "failing" spells, but like in the current version, 1.0.7, I can target a guy, and like have 5 seconds from clicking kick or beast attack or whatever to where I get within range and it triggers.

Now, it doesn't "queue" the spell attack until you get within range, it discards it, and you have to literally rapidly click the spell as you approach the "trigger" range if you want to do it within the time-frame you hope. And even then, it's problematic, as my char would often do a normal and not trigger the spell. Hence the "hammering" the spell icon repeatedly.

Quote:
We are not happy with some of the animations either... the pillow fight comparison is very good . We are facing limitation of our animation system but we will try to have better results. Remember this is not final.

we will add proper projectiles in the 2.0 update maybe we can do something as a placeholder for better feedback... we know that is difficult to know when you completed the attack playing without sound.

thanks, this is the kind of feedback we need.
I'd love to do more testing on Amun as you guys work on this latest version, however my 4-month old, "GOOD" PC just fried on me (for no explainable or consistently repeatable reason).

I can still play RO, however, on a 9-year old computer which really can't handle much. So I'll have to waylay my Amun testing until I can fix my good computer (or get a new one... I hope not).

But until then,

I applaud your open responses to our concerns and efforts to address them.

Best Regards,
-Kyrottimus
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #27
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

After alot of testing i have noticed that atleast for warriors our attacks are severly delayed to not being able to attack at all it seems that id have to stop to use a normal hit i hope this is not a Feature but a bug.

Cheers
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #28
Kianoni
Initiate

Kianoni is on a distinguished road

just tested on 2 level 50 chars, here's my thoughts.

Hunter
- "you can not cast while moving" - this needs to go, really annoying
- "spell cancelled by turning/moving" - this needs to be changed to something else
- precast does not work, I need to get some tapping lessons from some guitar teacher

Knight
- "I can run and buff opposed to ranged char that needs to stop and guess timing when to move" - nice but give this to other classes too
- precast does not work, I need to get some tapping lessons from some guitar teacher

Easiest for a warrior to land a spell on a moving archer:
1. get tapping lessons from a guitar teacher
2. get out of combat mode and play your solo

then some not so constructive quotes from IRC
Quote:
< Kianoni> a lot of spells are useless with cast time
< Kianoni> it's the ngd way
< Kianoni> finetune and adjust means "WE WILL RAPE EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS ONE ISSUE"
< Kianoni> when did the "somos pocos" turn into a "zerg with no brains"?
hope you come up with right decisions and make this game what it deserves to be, the best RvR in the world!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #29
chassor
Banned

chassor is on a distinguished road
Default i hate it totally

the new system is really really worst than i tought , much friend told me it will suck i replied them , oh no this is normal to have retro pedaling removed when shooting , but now i tried it i must say it sucks

when i ear the sound of my arrows going i move (normal my arrow is gone so i can move) but my shoot don't go , i must wait a bit longer to ear the impact of my arrow before moving

now i really don't see how it can be playable and fun anymore for archers, hunters with pet and sotw will be able to play and win , but ninja are just screwed it looks like (i just did little test) .

right now the game is dynamic so the dynamic classes have advantage (ranged) in the future the games will me more static the the static classes will have the advantage (melee) NGD just changed the problem without resolving it , so you'll have as much compliant as you have now in the future .

for my part is this system is adopted as is right now i will just quit the game, beside all nerf my class had i never consider quit the game , most of those nerf we're needed but this last move is just kill the fun of fighting (just stand , shoot and pray you have the best weapons/luck) ...

no thanks !
chassor no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #30
Mellion
Banned

Mellion is on a distinguished road

If only a part of those nerfs hit the real servers only one thing remains: Goodbye, this time for real.

I can't believe that ngd destroys marks, hunter and wl with such ideas after conjus have been pushed out of the game a few months ago.

Let me bet, that 4 weeks after the "update" 85% will be warriors having the same setup.

Btw, I want a refund of my 70€ which I will have wasted on marks and hunter.

Those poor guys who spend those 5000 magnas on bows

Friends, if you haven't tested Amun: try arcana devotion, wait for cooldown and cast Barrier. You will understand, that your char will be dead.
Mellion no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread