General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #21
v0rt3x
Master

v0rt3x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Uhm I'm just curious... where do you spawn once you've lost all forts?
At Noob .....ermm..... Ini Island save, maybe. So the way is even longer to fight back.

Btw, it´s a nice Regnum's 4th anniversary with so many open questions from the community.
v0rt3x no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
Uhm I'm just curious... where do you spawn once you've lost all forts?
Same..... Maybe in air?
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Okay, as far as I think, the dragon wish for the WM coins will not be everyday.

Remember these wishes should be on rotation and as such you would not be able to choose this option every time. As this is an additional wish, the rotation becomes longer.
Added to this, based on my tests, the main gate strength is back up to the way it was. So we would have to go back to pounding the gates like in the old days.
Invasions will be much more difficult for gems .

You cannot take the gem out via the boats. You have to either break in via the gate or optionally, all can go in via boats and try to break out once the gates are in danger. You can bash on the gate from the inside . I tested it. I was able to cause damage on the gates.
Please note that you can pick up gems even though your gate was never broken (but vulnerable) now.

The respawn is buggy on Amun. We are not sure how it is supposed to work really. In a couple tests, when all forts are lost and you are in danger, somehow the alsius got teleported to the nub altar in Skolheim. In other times you got ported to the main gate. In other words , Buggy.
The old mechanics prevented you from rezzing at gate if your facilities were lost and vulnerable. Now you would not be able to save at WZ points either. It would have to be resolved before that function breaks.

The AI needs to be addressed at the gate now more than ever. It is now possible to avoid the AI totally by porting all inside via the boats (only 3 AI here, easy to get past) and then hammer the gate from the inside, thereby bypassing all AI defences on the outer half of the gate.

The spawns are a bit of a concern to me now . The more I look at it the less comfortable I become.
Concerns :
The save is too close. To compensate for this NGD made 20 second rez and removed -RP penalty. I would like to think that they removed the daily adventure and no XP restrictions as well. This troubles me. It is not incredibly difficult to camp these in times of low population at the forts. This is a distinct possibility at Horus. Added to this, it is heavily WM centric. While the situation should start to normalise now, I fear that it would be incredibly frustrating in the short to short medium term.

I think it could be linked. But, I think that this should be done along the upgrade path of a fort. Possibly you could set the save back a bit, (out of marks range) and allow save loss at a level 4 upgraded fort. If the invaders want ultimate domination, they should pay coin for it.
If players want war and sport without invasion, they can then upgrade the fort to level 1 ,2 or 3 and make good battles. Give players a sporting option.
I would even go further to raise the cost of a level 4 fort to 500,000 coins.

I continue to test.

Regards
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #24
trulyem
Master

trulyem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining-Scias View Post
I say wait'n'see before complaining. No one can predict the future. (not Harold Camping at least)
I am not complaining, I just want to know if NGD has the logic to test their updates. Unfortunately, NOT.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #25
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyem View Post
I am not complaining, I just want to know if NGD has the logic to test their updates. Unfortunately, NOT.
Hehe a little harsh. They actually fixed tons of issues and collision bugs etc. at those forts. This current build is much better than the first fort iteration on Amun. Trust me , you would not have wanted version 1 of those forts to go live.
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #26
v0rt3x
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
You cannot take the gem out via the boats. You have to either break in via the gate or optionally, all can go in via boats and try to break out once the gates are in danger. You can bash on the gate from the inside . I tested it. I was able to cause damage on the gates.
Please note that you can pick up gems even though your gate was never broken (but vulnerable) now.
OMG. Break the WZ Door from inside. Nice! But why we should breaking the WZ Door, if we can go inside the enemy Realm with those boats? This is an easy way to make the daily Quest and earn easily RP´s. Put a realm in Danger, go inside the Realm with the boats an kill the low Enemies inside the Realm.

THIS SUCKS!!!

I think this thread must be moved to the Complaint book!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rt3x View Post
OMG. Break the WZ Door from inside. Nice! But why we should breaking the WZ Door, if we can go inside the enemy Realm with those boats? This is an easy way to make the daily Quest and earn easily RP´s. Put a realm in Danger, go inside the Realm with the boats an kill the low Enemies inside the Realm.

THIS SUCKS!!!

I think this thread must be moved to the Complaint book!
Ehm when i was testing boats..... i tele'd to save :P. Gates was vulnerable not broekn
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #28
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They actually fixed tons of issues and collision bugs etc. at those forts.
Off topic but I'm also noticing a lot of tweaks and fixes on horus, mostly with AI. Mobs attacking support conj's, mobs dismounting riders and being able to make some casts with 'w' pressed in the same way you can with autorun are some of the most obvious. NGD seem to be putting in a lot of work, the support system seems to be working and were getting free stuff Credit where its due, they are trying.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #29
v0rt3x
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSer View Post
Ehm when i was testing boats..... i tele'd to save :P. Gates was vulnerable not broekn
If this happen, why the hell are there boats, if the Gate is "vulnerable"?
I´m totally confused now.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #30
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
If players want war and sport without invasion, they can then upgrade the fort to level 1 ,2 or 3 and make good battles. Give players a sporting option.
I agree! This looks to me like forcing the players to finally use invasions as the intended way to play. Okay, the method used to stop night crew invasions is harsh, but works, that's good. But now forcing everyone to focus on invasions all day long could seriously break the gameplay. More running, less fights, less fun. Where are the good old battles without any intention besides fun?

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread