Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #41
WarParty
Apprentice

WarParty is an unknown quantity at this point

Just FYI before patch a person could go from 1-50 in 4 days time.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #42
Elvamp
Pledge

Elvamp is on a distinguished road

Lvling too slow kinda kills mmorpg games too :P Overall, this update is good. I was mainly worried about exp from players and players needed to finish quests. But since NGD is aware of that I'll just wait for changes. Looks like nice update generally
Elvamp no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #43
Llyssaer
Apprentice

Llyssaer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compost View Post
Your booster burns if you go to war, yes you get XP for the kills; however, the loss of boster vs gained is a very very bad return-on-investment. So what you have is alot of people grinding on boosters that won't go to war until their booster is over. I think the XP per kill or at least a +grp should be added to gain the full attention of those "grinding" with boosters.

All in all, I'm finding the expansion to be just fine. I get to grind some (with purpose) and then war some (with purpose) rather than a mindless act....there is at least some purpose in it all.
Huzzah Compost! Your posts are always thoughtful and a good read. I agree, I'm overall impressed by and pleased with the update. I notice something new each time I play. I see the changes as challenges to be met and surpassed.

I would like to see us all practice the art of war and not perfect the art of whine.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #44
tikinho
Initiate

tikinho is on a distinguished road

Yeah Compost your posts are great I read them every night to my kids for bedtime story.

On topic is it intended to not be able to tame mobs that are higher level than 51?
tikinho no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #45
Ronso
Pledge

Ronso is on a distinguished road

The Warmaster update is great! Only currently all levels like crazy and is in a war zone, nothing more going on. A wish of mine would be the time they experience a bonus Pushing it 20% or so, or introduce more monsters in the war zone, so you will level faster 60th Hope there is still something in it made!

With friendly greeting
Ronso

P.S: Excuse my English is not so good
Ronso no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #46
impp
Initiate

impp is on a distinguished road

Initial thoughts?

After finally managing to get on to Ra after a number of Server Full messages, I found the the War Zone was deserted.

How can this be when the server is full? Where is the new epic war?

Everyone is grinding.
impp no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #47
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas_ View Post
With level 60 cap, each class is able to use much more power points (+2/level it seems), it will allow to max out more trees, and will mess the current balance quite a bit imho.

How NGD will handle that ?
This. MOAR KICK/FEINT 5 COMBOS YAAAAY
I assume NGD is banking on the new Warmasters tree (acquired at lvl 60) to be a suitable place for everyone to put their points into once they hit that level.

And I agree on the grinding situation; the new level curve is kind of wierd, and mob issues are also very bad atm.

About the level curve: Can someone create a graph showing exp needed per level? I'm just curious what the curve looks like now. 3.3 million for lvl 50, and 10 million for 60 just seems real odd to me.

About mobs/grinding: I read a post recently (by WarParty maybe?) that mentioned lower level mobs in the warzone, which is a higher level area. It suggested that they move all lvl 40+ mobs into the warzone, and keep the inner mobs for levels 39 and under. This idea should definitely be implemented.

P.S. Thanks for the reply on PVP EXP Chilko I'm glad the reward system for Conjus won't be completely bonkers now (but still somewhat bonkers )
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #48
Groark
Banned

Groark is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont want to be negative but whats exactly so great about this new update? Many say: oh yeah great update but.... and then they start complaining.
In my opinion the wz has become a grinding zone. Before this late update there were every evening lots of action in fort/castle wars. Since the update people has started to grind like mad because they have realized that killing players gives too little xp to lvl up.
This evening I saw some players grinding that even when others called Aca! didnt stop grinding. Not even when some of them were being killed. XD.

So, sadly, fortwars are over, the only war action you can see now is of some hunting parties in search of grinders to see if they can finish the dayly quest. Quests that the majority will not finish because in Horus is very difficult to find and kill 100 people in a couple of hours.

Take note that this comment concerns only Horus server. Ra is a different story due to the larger population.

Horus needs another approach and thats difficult but not impossible. I hope that NGD take note of the actual situation and try to bring back the war action because now there is not much really. It's just boring. Lets be realistic, grinding is boring specially if you have to grind so much.

I dont know if it's possible but many have said that the solution could be to give more xp for each killing so that people wouldnt need to grind. And I agree with that.
Groark no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #49
-Logan-
Banned

-Logan- is on a distinguished road

This update is the best thing that ever happened to this game. Too bad it didn't come sooner.
-Logan- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #50
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groark View Post
I dont want to be negative but whats exactly so great about this new update? Many say: oh yeah great update but.... and then they start complaining.
In my opinion the wz has become a grinding zone. Before this late update there were every evening lots of action in fort/castle wars. Since the update people has started to grind like mad because they have realized that killing players gives too little xp to lvl up.
This evening I saw some players grinding that even when others called Aca! didnt stop grinding. Not even when some of them were being killed. XD.

So, sadly, fortwars are over, the only war action you can see now is of some hunting parties in search of grinders to see if they can finish the dayly quest. Quests that the majority will not finish because in Horus is very difficult to find and kill 100 people in a couple of hours.

Take note that this comment concerns only Horus server. Ra is a different story due to the larger population.

Horus needs another approach and thats difficult but not impossible. I hope that NGD take note of the actual situation and try to bring back the war action because now there is not much really. It's just boring. Lets be realistic, grinding is boring specially if you have to grind so much.

I dont know if it's possible but many have said that the solution could be to give more xp for each killing so that people wouldnt need to grind. And I agree with that.
Putting in GRP EXP from war again would solve this.
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread