shields
precise block 5
shield wall 5
deflecting barrier 5
protect ally 5
defensive stance 5
steadiness 5

warmaster at 11 (paladins Aid)

my defence is better and i can do some damage too. Tell me your opinion about that setup and if i need to change something
EMIN no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamias7 View Post
thats my setup:
It's nice setup. I'd think about decreasing passives to lvl 1; after update, basically 1 point = 1% slash/pierc/blunt resist which is not so effective.
Oh, and some ccs would be nice - shield bash is now very nice, definitely disable limb if you use slash, and I'd recommend immobilize spells also, in other wep trees.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
It's nice setup. I'd think about decreasing passives to lvl 1; after update, basically 1 point = 1% slash/pierc/blunt resist which is not so effective.
Oh, and some ccs would be nice - shield bash is now very nice, definitely disable limb if you use slash, and I'd recommend immobilize spells also, in other wep trees.
oh just 1%? i have this setup before update. I will try those you've said. thanks!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
godismyjudge
Initiate

godismyjudge is on a distinguished road

Go with Bendable, Steel Temper and Iron skin on lvl1, thats 9 extra points. Stone temple will give you another 5% for all damage resistance. Don't waste more than 1 point into it too though, it's waste of points for like 200 extra health. As halvdan said, get Disable limb, balestra, shield bash. I would consider dropping one weapon tree completly (waste of discipline points for 1 point in one power) and max the slash tree - accurate swing 5, southcross 5, then I would recommend offensive stance, it's sometimes usefull against barbs, who didn't lose their 20% physical damage protection buf with the balance update and sometimes tank better than a knights.
godismyjudge no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_26m8j65892lz0895 View Post
Go with Bendable, Steel Temper and Iron skin on lvl1, thats 9 extra points. Stone temple will give you another 5% for all damage resistance. Don't waste more than 1 point into it too though, it's waste of points for like 200 extra health. As halvdan said, get Disable limb, balestra, shield bash. I would consider dropping one weapon tree completly (waste of discipline points for 1 point in one power) and max the slash tree - accurate swing 5, southcross 5, then I would recommend offensive stance, it's sometimes usefull against barbs, who didn't lose their 20% physical damage protection buf with the balance update and sometimes tank better than a knights.
i would take it into consideration
Old 09-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
rossi
Initiate

rossi is on a distinguished road

So many high lvl spells, only one at lvl 3. You have a lot of spells out there, the more you have the more skill you get.

Ao1 and precise block are still good at lvl 4, stone temple at high lvl its a waste. I have never liked those strenght passives, you can waste 3 points on both but thats max i think.

Spells like balestra, rips breaker, dis limb and shield bash, you must have them in your setup.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #7
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

I got your opinion RIGHT HERE! *says in Peter Griffin's voice*

(Doesn't actually have an opinion)

Quote:
and shield bash, you must have them in your setup.
Does shield bash get better at higher levels or something? My knight is lvl 39, and I stopped using shield bash like 13 levels ago, because it wasn't worth the slow casting time for how little damage it did. Is it like stunning fist or something, and mostly good for stun?

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post
Does shield bash get better at higher levels or something? My knight is lvl 39, and I stopped using shield bash like 13 levels ago, because it wasn't worth the slow casting time for how little damage it did. Is it like stunning fist or something, and mostly good for stun?
Since update is cast time instant.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:19 AM   #9
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Well if shield bash is instant casting now, then I will start using it again. Thank you.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

some random suggestions:
if your main weapon is a sword/axe, there is no reason to keep spears to 15 only to get 8% resistance. i'd suggest you to drop piercing tree to 7 to get only +4 str and maybe balestra (1) and raise slashing or tactics to 19.
steel temper and above all steel skin are good enough at level 1, and i'd invest those points in mind squasher (4) and disable limb that are really good debuffs.

balestra, ribs breaker, lethal anatomy, versatility and disabling make their job even at level 1.
heroic presence and stone temple can be skilled at level 1 as at level 5, it depends on you.
challenge is good at level 1 if you often go hunting with other warriors to dismount people, like onslaught (from 1 to 5) and intimidate (better at level 1).
you can lower the duration of precise block even at level 1-3 if you don't have enough skill points and army of one to level 4, while i don't know if steadiness really worth 5 points in it (better 5 points in defensive support imho).
finally look at shield bash that is awesome with instant cast and you can try to coordinate it with some knockdown or other debuffs like disable limb/balestra.

i'd suggest you something like this (slash 19 tactics 15)
http://www.cwassall.co.uk/regnum/tra...5-0-5-0-0-0-0|
with 5 more points to invest in falat strike/typhoon/star shield/onslaught/heroic presence

or this (slash 15 tactics 19)
http://www.cwassall.co.uk/regnum/tra...5-0-5-0-0-0-0|
with 5 more points to invest
Latan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
knight, opinions, setup