Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 03-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road
Default What update/changes do we want next

Since NGD is actually reading the forums and updating the game these days, it would be a good time for the user base to share some concise ideas of what changes they would like to see in future updates.

Except for things already explicitly mentioned in the roadmap, what thing would people like NGD to work on? If I get enough answers after a week or so I'll make a poll in the main forum so NGD can priorities! I've put a few ideas down from reading the forums, and I'll edit this post as people respond

1) general bug fix (spells not working, holes in map etc.)

2) revert the arena back to the previous all-v-all incarnation

3) more character customisation options

4) constant balance iterations

5) more ways to travel quickly (for free)

6) revamp of auction house (prices in mag, accessible anywhere etc.)

7) more incentives to level (free temp mount, useful item, mags)

8) stop nee players from being able to trade their mags (say upto level 20)

Last edited by Candyx; 03-29-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Candyx no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:40 AM   #2
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
Most crucial bugs are fixed. Fix minor ones later....

not on roadmap:
-Need old face designs, current ones are ugly af.
Agreed. Basically some more customisation would be great. While not essential, new players have been known to leave because of this, and the older players would like it too anyway

Quote:
-Improved transportation (teleport stones, portals, free mounts...)
The cheapest mount is a pretty decent price for a free2play game. Though it wouldn't hurt to offer a basic mount to players once they reach level 20 or so, just as a thank you for sticking around.

Quote:
-Fun combat design
Can you please elaborate?
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:20 AM   #3
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Fortunately a lot of the main stuff is covered in the roadmap this year. It looks really good.
Here's just a couple of little things.

- Auction House: As mentioned by others, this has remained dormant for some time. It's a good idea, but needs revamping. Basically being able to use some other commerce like magnanite would be a good idea. I generally have more of this than gold anyway

- Little rewards up to level 40 for new players. Nothing huge. Just one gift given by the town crier every 10 levels until they reach 40. At the moment they feel like the game doesn't really want them there with the monotonous grinding, and less than amazing quests. But receiving a gift every 10 levels may make them think differently. As I suggested above, a free basic mount once they hit level 20 would be ideal. Perhaps a few mags could be for another level, to help them purchase gear from other players.

- Customisation: As already briefly covered by Ivramartono, but not just faces. Different body builds, more premium clothes and stuff would be great. The pirate costume is getting a little old to the point where a lot of people have just gone back to showing armour, or mixing the two. Being able to create a unique character in an MMO is a cool feature, but it's hard to be unique with such little choice.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Quote:
There is too much running, chasing, camping, treehug, ganking etc in game. these issues have to be solved. Moreover the combat is very dull especially at low lv. It was 'smoother' in the past and it should even go beyond that.
imo this is 1 of the most important issues to be fixed
I'm not entirely sure there's much that can be done for most of these. One of the most amazing features from this game is the open world warzone, where anything can happen. If you put too many restrictions on that I can assure you the game will become less fun, even if you may not see it now.

The combat in RO has always been pretty basic at best. But personally that does it for me. There's no button mashing macros, remembering to pile on a thousand builder spells and releasing main moves at the right time. They kept it basic, and I for one like that about Regnum.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
The_Pirate
Initiate

The_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartpancakes View Post
One of the most amazing features from this game is the open world warzone, where anything can happen. If you put too many restrictions on that I can assure you the game will become less fun, even if you may not see it now.
Spot on! What I love about the game is that it is up to the players to make or break action. The one thing this game relies so heavily on is leaders, you know - the player who can post 'PP for Trelle NOW' in chat and have all the veterans and noobs come running, then lead them to trelle, cap it, hold it, take relic, etc. In other words leaders who can lead.

Some of them around for sure, but very organic. Since the game relies so heavily on them, maybe there could be a means of promoting them? First challenge would be identifying them, then acknowledging them.

Re identification, it can go either technology or player vote based.

Re acknowledgement, I'd suggest a prestige rather than item based reward. Items will target all players, whereas leaders tend not to be item-horders. Prestige on the other hand targets only leaders. So either something visual (change to armor colour, etc) or a special skill which only these leaders have and which brings a group benefit.

Jarne/Jaro Seeker
The_Pirate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

I've updated the list. I haven't included enhanced gameplay because it's more of a general request for a better game than anything specific! Anyone have any ideas on specific ways to enhance gameplay?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:56 AM   #7
Kopstoot
Apprentice

Kopstoot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
I've updated the list. I haven't included enhanced gameplay because it's more of a general request for a better game than anything specific! Anyone have any ideas on specific ways to enhance gameplay?
They can improve skills and class dynamics when it comes to certain circumstances, in the most pleasant way possible. I suppose this is a segment of balance.
Other possibilities could be favoring fun action over grinding or running and a combat system that revolves more around skill than gear.

3 more specific things i'd like to mention:
-button option select NPC. I mean, why not? Sometimes too lazy to click
-turn around with mouse while holding Shift + Numbr to cast 1 of the spells on your extra quickbar. cant do that atm, dunno if its bug or not
-improved/ingame ranking system
Kopstoot no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopstoot View Post
-turn around with mouse while holding Shift + Numbr to cast 1 of the spells on your extra quickbar. cant do that atm, dunno if its bug or not
Shift is hardcoded to do both toggle mouse / camera turn and to cast from extra quickbar.

This cause problems like the example you gave or if you want to use shift for something else by rebinding it to strife etc.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #9
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Speaking of buttons or w/e... Is there a way to turn off ground selection when using your right mouse button? I accidentally select the ground all the time when using the right button, and it has gotten me killed plenty of times.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:39 PM   #10
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post
Speaking of buttons or w/e... Is there a way to turn off ground selection when using your right mouse button? I accidentally select the ground all the time when using the right button, and it has gotten me killed plenty of times.
I had that, main problem was worn and dirty mouse that made the held in button counts as a click.

So I would try cleaning inside, if it dont help try an other mouse.

Unless you mean the point and click movement, that can of course be turned off.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote