Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Change the invasion system?
Yes 10 50.00%
No 7 35.00%
Other 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
Thallium
Pledge

Thallium is on a distinguished road
Default Mayhem

Would you prefer that the invasion system were changed so that:

- No relics were necessary to attack a realm gate. Gates act just like forts.
- Relics do nothing except give the holder a personal boost of some kind (a reason to still fight over forts.) Players would only be able to only carry enemy relics.

This would make the game simliar to what it was like during the Purple Fever event. I think it would make the game much more exciting and open up many new tactical options. It's also relatively easy for NGD to make this change.
Thallium no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
Telwe
Initiate

Telwe is on a distinguished road

Goats bored of waiting at empty forts to trigger invasions?
Telwe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telwe View Post
Goats bored of waiting at empty forts to trigger invasions?
Reading what thallium wrote makes this seem so believeable
Old 07-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Id wote, but I dont think NGD need our help to ruin this game.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

I want old invasion system back, the oldest one.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Thallium
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
Reading what thallium wrote makes this seem so believeable
Actually, I was thinking of making the war zone less of a single focus point, reducing zergs.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallium View Post
Actually, I was thinking of making the war zone less of a single focus point, reducing zergs.
You want the gates to be like forts which increase the chance of 'single focus points'. If these changes did happen everyone would just camp gate all day. Also makes it easier for alsius to invade since they are dominating right now..
Old 07-29-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
Thallium
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
You want the gates to be like forts which increase the chance of 'single focus points'. If these changes did happen everyone would just camp gate all day. Also makes it easier for alsius to invade since they are dominating right now..
You think people would camp their own gates all day or other realms' gates?

You don't think that there would be action all over the map if anyone could have something like a draconic gem by holding a relic?

Part of my thinking was also that this would make it easier for underpopulated realms to invade. If the blue zerg went to Syrtis, then couldn't Ignis ruin their wish plans by invading Alsius and taking a gem? I imagined that there would be multiple gems moving all the time, but maybe I'm missing something.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:15 AM   #9
rinky
Initiate

rinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallium View Post
You think people would camp their own gates all day or other realms' gates?

You don't think that there would be action all over the map if anyone could have something like a draconic gem by holding a relic?

Part of my thinking was also that this would make it easier for underpopulated realms to invade. If the blue zerg went to Syrtis, then couldn't Ignis ruin their wish plans by invading Alsius and taking a gem? I imagined that there would be multiple gems moving all the time, but maybe I'm missing something.
On HAVEN, here's the problem: Syrtis, tonite, has about 5 people online. Alsius has 30-40, from what I'm seeing. Ignis has around 7-10, if the numbers are holding as usual.

Given those numbers, the current invasion system slows Alsius down. If the realm wall were like any other fort and did not require special conditions to take, then Alsius would simply invade. And then, when invasion done, invade again. They wouldn't even bother with the damned forts, because that's a 15-25 minute inconvenience. They could get 10 wishes a night instead of a mere 5-7.

I propose instead:

Change the invasion system so that the relic goes back to its fort when the fort is recaptured by ANYBODY other than the invading force. The invasion time is then decreased by 10 minutes. This may end the invasion.

The realm gem should be forced to go out the front gate only, and should destroy its holder and move back to its stand if it gets within 25m of any other part of the realm's wall, including the trap doors.

Invaders should not be allowed to use the wall trap doors.

Redbeard
rinky no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #10
kowocki
Initiate

kowocki is on a distinguished road

On my time zone Alsius has like 10-15, Syrtis 20-30, Ignis no idea. Few times i logged we could do nothing at all against Syrtis as we were so few. Why they did not invade us is still a mistery to me. They could eaisily get our gems-> no idea still about ignis.

The problem on small server like Haven is "Face ####" group of multies who do as they pleased. Guess they got all what they want on their Syrtis accounts now they decided to boost their Alsius accounts.

No matter how people will deny the merge with Raven was big misstake. Multirealming was always present but was never big issue (except few cases of gem, later relict abuse).

I estimate that merge with raven produced total of circa 80 multies accounts in Alsius. Of course not everybody play same time zone others quit game but on haven scale its HUGE.

Shortly after merge with raven Alsius got finally some boost in population, we even got finally some dragon wishes but it was very deceptive. I remember about 15 "invasions" with same result in 2014

Wow we got many online cool, we go forts start invasion, weird no opposition from Syrtis who was dominant for so long. We go gate, strange 2/3 of our numbers dissapeared, we get to gate, we got farmed at gate by syrtis zerg which log out of nowhere.

Yesterday I got earler out of work so thats why you could see my barb at red gate and later near green gate. As invasion of ignis was dull and after i got killed i just ress and afk at cs, when we went to invade Syrtis I got de ja vu from 2014. And i identified at least 8 multies in greens numbers who few minutes earlier were at Ignis gate as Alsius. How I know they are multies? Who else trade items in commerce selling item "x" in Alsius for item "y" in Syrtis,"contact <syrtis char name>".

The problem promoting such behaviour is the dragon wmc wish as its an easy win button. Dragons and other stuff are not so game disturbing, they are not so selfish and require your efford to be useful.

Thats why since this madness started when NGD published wmc jewellery proposals I suggested to remove wmc wish and change to wmc booster. It wont be easy win button, it wont promote dragon wish farming-> nothing to gain. Will be more fair to whole player base not only the "choosen ones" and will discourage farming at all. WMC booster-> you mus do war, fight, invest time and IT WILL PAY REWARD ONLY IN MORE BALANCED FIGHTS. Now its just a monkey clicking box to get banana, then next banana and next and next....