Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road
Default Warlock in battlezones

Sad state of warlock class is pretty visible in TDM.

- When group joins TDM, party says: "Oh no, he's warlock, not conju."
- Can't reach archer
- Marks casts WS, barb rushes in - dead warlock
- Barb with DI - dead warlock
- Can't get away from rushing barb because of his ultimate speed
- Can't cc or stop rushing knight
- Faint/kick endless combo from knight
- Can't do any DoT damage - mages and knights dispells it
- Can't do any real damage
- Can't score a kill with pathetic DoT damage
- Can't cast any spell when running back to base while barb is doing op normals
- Can't cast EB or Wind Wall when running back to base while marks is doing op damage
- Casts sultar and half of enemy players resists/blocks it
- Can't manage to survive in narrow passages
- Can't compete at all against other overbuffed classes
- When warlock finally spends whole spellbook to _almost_ kill an enemy player, some marks from other side of map hits normal on him and scores a kill

Etc...

Not complaining, just pointing out.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Marksman and barb are the most OP class in TDM, especially on Ra. I dont see how anything can be done to make it fair though
Old 10-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Not really a easy fix to this. Barbs are still the most important class in tdm. Sad but true. Unless you have really good archers. I have a video of me and another op barb wining TDM. 2 vs 4 vs 4 if I remember. Its retarded. I still miss the old maps.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #4
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

TDM is all about last hitting thats why it wont be balanced. ONLY kills matter and both mage classes suck here. Bad design... really unfair between classes. NGD should remove TDM mode and add battlezones with new objectives.... like capture the flag or specific points.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
Evanz33
Initiate

Evanz33 is on a distinguished road

Why people from haven complain so much about warlocks?. In Ra people say that warlock is ok even op when it comes to 1vs1 and complain about knight being weak (i dont understand this neither, knight is actually pretty strong in 1vs1 to and really helpful in war).

Its not about warlock its about how Team death match works making barb, marksman, conjurer better than knight, Hunter or warlock. Just ignore what people say and use dots plus freeze to steal kills.

Sorry for my bad english
Evanz33 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
Slartibartfast
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanz View Post
Why people from haven complain so much about warlocks?. In Ra people say that warlock is ok even op when it comes to 1vs1 and complain about knight being weak (i dont understand this neither, knight is actually pretty strong in 1vs1 to and really helpful in war).

Its not about warlock its about how Team death match works making barb, marksman, conjurer better than knight, Hunter or warlock. Just ignore what people say and use dots plus freeze to steal kills.

Sorry for my bad english
I think I listed pretty valid observations above. That's actually very plastic and objective view of warlock state in CoR in general.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #7
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
On ra warlocks are OP because they spam areas, sultars terror is basically the difference between your whole group getting wiped or surviving. On haven there isnt enough players to make terror useful, so a lot of them just use a setup without any areas. They then complain that warlocks are weak because they cant 1v3.

Pretty much the jist of it.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
Evanz33
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
I think I listed pretty valid observations above. That's actually very plastic and objective view of warlock state in CoR in general.
I can make a similar list for other classes to. Complaining about how much help a barb need to get the kills (conju help) or how a knight cant kill anything because is slow and dont have any real way to get in range or when they take 1k damage with defensive instance on because of overbuffed barbs and blablabla. See? Complain is easy :/
Old 10-15-2016, 08:55 PM   #9
Slartibartfast
Master

Quote:
I can make a similar list for other classes to. Complaining about how much help a barb need to get the kills (conju help) or how a knight cant kill anything because is slow and dont have any real way to get in range or when they take 1k damage with defensive instance on because of overbuffed barbs and blablabla. See? Complain is easy :/
I see you pulled this opinion out of your nose, not playing TDM at all.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:07 PM   #10
Evanz33
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
I see you pulled this opinion out of your nose, not playing TDM at all.
Calmdown. Its just that your list dont show anything. You only complained about warlock like if they were fighting alone against a whole team in a TDM. You need team work, Use sultar terror and the barbs in your team (if you have two) will kill everything knocked down for example. If a barb rush to you with DI then the knight in your team is supposed to protect you. If a knight rush to you well walk (yes walk) in a different way .

Warlock need a fix in direct damage spells yes but he is what he is supposed to be a CC machine