Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road
Default WM Jewlery rating

It's time to purchase WM amulet for my lock so I dive into offered jewlery. It's hard to notice how unbalanced the jewlery is among existing classes. I went through all jewlery attributes and rated it's usability for particular class (I didn't rate it for subclasses, though).

Here are my results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Notes:

When I was rating values for mages, I had mostly locks in my mind.

Conclusion:

This is just another proof how badly mages (especially locks) need redesign. Only valuable attributes are HP and mana, everything else is from unusable to hardly usable. That's why I'm affraid that crafting will not bring anything good to mages (especially locks) because of close to unusable main attribute, as well as not scaled output damage.

Stats for all WM jewlery can be found here: https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...d.php?t=106040

All in all, why I'm writting this? As I said, it's time to purchase WM amu for my lock. The current amulet I wear is Royal Amulet, obtainable by level 23 quest. It gives +100 HP / +45 mana. If I purchase the best WM amulet for lock from all available amulets (Frostbound amulet: +200 HP / -10% ranged damage) and replace Royal Amulet, what do I get in total.

In total, for 250k WMC (which is HARD to earn), I get: +100 HP, -10% ranged damage and -45 mana. Is it worth? Maybe it's worth to get 450 dmg from archers instead of 500 or 900 arcana strike instead of 1k for this price.

Thoughts?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

My favourite amulet for lock is Flamerush because it gives you unique stat for amu: 10% cs and 40 fire damage which can help with SM damage... + maybe NGD finally gonna add/change some +dmg calculations for mage spells and since Warlock is an offensive class I rather focus on offensive stats.

btw is there any person in this game with pierce damage rings? what's the point of buying these rings if you can get slash damage with exactly the same second attribute? piercing<slash piercing dmg sucks so second attribute should be much better...

Old 11-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
My favourite amulet for lock is Flamerush because it gives you unique stat for amu: 10% cs and 40 fire damage which can help with SM damage... + maybe NGD finally gonna add/change some +dmg calculations for mage spells and since Warlock is an offensive class I rather focus on offensive stats.
I see warlocks as spell casters, not staff masters. On Ra, among hundreds of locks, I saw 2, maybe 3 sm locks. So, it's quite negligible population of sm locks.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
I see warlocks as spell casters, not staff masters.
I understand but what if NGD rework dmg mage spells and all of them will scale with character damage? All people who bought tanky amulets will be dissapointed. :P

Anyway there is no more amulets with cast speed and imo maxed cs on each available gear can make difference for casters.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #5
Cranddor
Secondary account

Cranddor is on a distinguished road

Very well put, Slarti. I really don't know why NGD left locks in such a poor state. It's like they hate them and want them to be as few as possible. Maybe someone from NGD can explain us why is that and if they intend to update them some day.
Cranddor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
hardboy
Apprentice

hardboy is an unknown quantity at this point

sultars rage amulet wouldve been a good choice, but the spell duration % does not affect offensive spells

the only way i see warlocks surviving in war is to get fully enhanced champion set and defensive wm jewels, or hide like a chicken behind a zerg and drop sultar every 3 min
hardboy no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #7
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

The only good amulet for mages is the champion amulet imo, but it's now impossible to get them even through trading RIP.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:07 AM   #8
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
The only good amulet for mages is the champion amulet imo, but it's now impossible to get them even through trading RIP.
It was a task to be completed in the Roadmap,, "Clans and community" , last one, but don't know...I have asked it once already : Did the roadmap end up in the trash?
Got no answer, no idea if the so called "action plan" includes that or not.