Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 03-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
tandcemerson
Initiate

tandcemerson is on a distinguished road
Default Inquiry re: solo ability

Alright, been thinking about playing again, but a different character this time for a wider range of exposure. However, my play style frequently requires solo play since I play 5 minutes here and there, go AFK a lot, etc.

Mages are very easy to solo so my question is to know if any other classes have solo abilities. Down time is not a big issue, but excessive down time would not be preferred.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

I have a level 50 hunter and a warlock in the 40's. After I finish warlock I will try a knight or barbarian next. Here is how I see the classes right now and it will change again after the next version is released. Hope this helps.
  • A Hunter is easy to level solo but not that good for RvP. PvP with pet is good.
  • Barbarian is also easy to level solo. They can kill with 3 hits and good in RvR and PvP.
  • Knight is not bad high life and armor. Hard to kill in RvR and PvP with the high armor.
  • Conjuror is easy to level solo as well. In RvR not bad but will end up healing other. PvP is ok with pet.
  • Warlock is hard to level solo and has a lot of down time. Good in RvR. PvP is ok really depends on the class you fight a barbarian can kill you in 2 hits.
  • Marksman about the same as Warlock. Good in RvR and PvP.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
Magister
Pledge

Magister is on a distinguished road

hrmm, i am wondering why you mention that a hunter is easier to solo with than a marksman.

I only ask because of all the high level archers I have seen (both on the lists on the website and in game) I can count the number of hunters on a single hand and still have fingers left over hehe.

The majority of people seem to lean towards marksman for some reason, I am curious to hear more from you on this subject.
Magister no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
tandcemerson
Initiate

tandcemerson is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your wisdom Tyr.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister
hrmm, i am wondering why you mention that a hunter is easier to solo with than a marksman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister

I only ask because of all the high level archers I have seen (both on the lists on the website and in game) I can count the number of hunters on a single hand and still have fingers left over hehe.

The majority of people seem to lean towards marksman for some reason, I am curious to hear more from you on this subject.

With a pet I was able to level twice as fast as a few marksmen I know. When leveling if you trade taking damage with pet you almost do not need to rest. Often I could level for 2 hours without resting.

The reason most take marksman is in RvR and PvP they are much better. As a hunter in RvR fight your pet will die in 2 seconds. Now you’re crippled with 1/2 of your damage taken away. Hunter can't do the same damage that a marksman can without a pet to help and can’t conjure new pet. I also think most that want to hunt with pet would rather conjure them then have to find one when they login or after crash. Trust me got old fetching pet after crash.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Magister
Pledge

Magister is on a distinguished road

ahh ok i gotcha now tyr, thanks alot for the quick reply

Basically Hunter is for the solo artist that wants to go out farming and the marksman (at least in terms of leveling) will have greater damage but has to take all the damage themselves, thus takes more time due to resting.

Thanks again,

Magister.
Magister no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote