Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Kratos50
Pledge

Kratos50 is on a distinguished road
Default Disgusted by warzone

Recently a new trend has been emerging in the syrtis realm. (I’m willing to bet its also happening in ignis and alsius but since I’m not a member of those realms I feel I don’t have the right to speak about them.) I don’t claim to be a major warzoner but I’ve spent quite a bit of time in large war parties and helped take more than a few forts and castles. Usually these parties consist of 20+ people over level 40 and a rather large assortment of level 30s. Often, after taking a fort or castle, it is proposed that we take another and invade. The “leaders” with phrases like “We don’t want to make them angry” or “We don’t have enough people” or my personal favorite “Alsius is our friend” usually shoot this down.

I guess what I would like to know is, when did the warzone become an area of diplomacy and small confrontations? Just a few months ago weren’t the forums flooded with messages asking when invasions would be coming? When did not having enough people constitute not attacking the enemy and instead returning to the “oh so boring grind”? And when the crap did the whole “Alsius is our friend rumor start”? Last I checked they were all too happy attacking our forts.

In all honesty though I have to wonder why people begged and pleaded for invasions and then not even attempt to invade.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Speaking as a lazy hippy, Unless an Invasion is preplanned I know from experiance it will often fail, 15 people sitting in a fort who suddenly decide "lets invade!! " Have clearly never been part of a "random invasion" before.

For the most part I find Invasions to be Slow, Boring, Stressfull, etc, even more so now that Ignis has decided that half the time if the counter starts after one failed attempt to take something back they will all go in realm reset and just wait for 15mins. Which is why I prefer only to take part when there is a plan and a good chance of success.

As for just plain old war, Im all for trying to kill their 7 people with our 5, but our 5 vs their 20, forget it.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Nightchill
Banned

Nightchill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos50 View Post
The “leaders” with phrases like “We don’t want to make them angry” or “We don’t have enough people” or my personal favorite “Alsius is our friend” usually shoot this down.
lol... user saying that must certainly have frequent occurances with ID-Ten-T error.
Nightchill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Bladnoch
Initiate

Bladnoch is on a distinguished road

In Horus Alsius, many groups Ive been in take up forts, then when we ask "Lets take ----!" the usual reply is "No, wait."
Now while I find that a valuable tactic, it feels like its being used too much when it isnt needed. Instead, the group is forced to wait until a zerg of Syrtis or Ignis come to get our RP's and we eventually die. Even when the warzone is nearly empty, our group must stay at the fort we have taken otherwise we will lose it. Unfortunately, we lose it anyways. Going to take another fort is risky, but its a game that should be played lightly, not taken seriously as Kratos has already said.
The other day there was 20 of us waiting at Algaros, and although Syrtis was mostly silent, we were told to hold our lines. After 20 minutes of 3 player skirmishes, 7 of us separated into our own small group and took Eferias without opposition. If we had the entire group with us, it would have been quicker.
Im not saying Im totally against the 'stay and wait' tactic, its just sometimes it feels so overused, and when players come into the warzone, many come to take forts and castles as opposed to waiting who knows how long to defend our fort from small boring groups or overpowering zergs. :P
Bladnoch no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
Mrreality13
Apprentice

Mrreality13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos50 View Post

I guess what I would like to know is, when did the warzone become an area of diplomacy and small confrontations?
and wtf is with syrts and goats being allies now?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
-SoL-
Apprentice

-SoL- is an unknown quantity at this point

Syrtis and Alsuis are not Allies.

yet since at Syrtis/Alsuis downtimes where ignis dominates we will assist in defending realms or such. This isnt being a ally this is to protect the gems and to keep the preasure off of your own realm. Even of late we havent actually done this. syrtis and alsuis are begining to gain some ground at night.

if this is the Horus server you are talking about Organising a invasion is normally a must need since the population isnt compared to RA yet..

like said in the other threads theres 3 realms so theres always gonna be unoffical Alliances to gain something for your own realm.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:09 AM   #7
Truewar
Master

Truewar is on a distinguished road

Yes, there were times when I brought up ppl to stop ignis try of invasion realm of syrtis. Not because my brother plays there or ALSIUS have Alliance with SYRTIS, no. But successful ignis invasion`s make them more and more stronger. And I think that it is proper decision to prevent ignis try.

I remmember that day when we were kicking out ignis forces from syrtis forts. And after herb became clear but still belonged to ignis, syrtis came and kill us.

We are not friends. We just play the game)))

Truewar
The Knightmare
Truewar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
Kyrottimus
Baron

Kyrottimus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truewar View Post
We are not friends. We just play the game)))
+1

Though I do notice a similarity between how Syrtis and Alsius play and a stark difference in that of Ignis. Not saying one bad and the other good, just...different.

Different is good, it keeps the game interesting.

Though in the grand scheme of things, if it is in the best interests for Alsius to keep Ignis from taking Syrt gems, then we try to stop Igs from invading Syrtis. I no longer try that near the Syrtis gate though, as I always wind up with a dozen arrows in my back for my troubles.

Now I'm indiscriminate. Red....Green, I'm color blind now. If you're not Alsius, you're a target / threat.

Until NGD comes up with "Truce Banners" or something, I'm playing the game like my realm has two distinct enemies (because we do).
Kyrottimus no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #9
Nightchill
Banned

Nightchill is on a distinguished road

i'm noticing in last two days that ignis are sucking up to alsius (and the other way around). think they're developing new mutual skill, cocksucking.
Nightchill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
Kratos50
Pledge

Kratos50 is on a distinguished road

I compleatly agree that waiting can be a good tactic If and onliy if you have reinforcments on the way. Otherwise waiting gives the other team a chance to build up a force and retake the fort.

Sure leave a few guys behind after taking a fort so that they can act as a lookout/small guard but most of the group (assuming the group was rather large) should continue on to take other forts/castle and possibly invade. Let's not forget what NGD keeps telling us about regnum being a Realm vs Realm game.