Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
DemonMonger
Marquis

DemonMonger is on a distinguished road
Default Invasions (attack) (defence)

I often see many people doing the wrong things once their realms are being invaded.

Mages:
1) stay near the realm door
2) spam areas into the inner sections of the door (prevents hunters from entering) (blaze+crystalblast+splinterwall+mindpush)

Archers:
1) Marksmen should move to gem locations and defend the gems against the camo hunters that may sneak in before the mages are in place to defend the door.

2) Hunters should form a perimiter around the gems and let others know what is comming.
*before realm walls are broken camo + repetiton the enemy in groups of 4 or more hunters to prevent invasion period. (too bad most hunters on ra use pets and will never even read this)

Warriors:
1) stand guard with mages at the door and spam your areas
2) some fall back and defend the gem locations

Everyone should know the gem locations for their realms!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shout and yell all you want on Ra, no one can understand you.....
It is like being buried alive in a coffin with worms that drag dirt across your eyes, into your nose and onto your lips.

p.s. when a hunter comes to assist you knights vs a mages and you have more than 80% life and are the same level as the mages that are attacking you, DO NOT run away and leave the hunter to fight the mages alone. Come on now, what's this all about? Don't you care about your realm and allies?
And people wonder why hunters don't assist their realm in wars.......
DemonMonger no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Heru
Apprentice

Heru is on a distinguished road

i prefer the the communication on Horus
Heru no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

I've found out that the communication on Horus is so different, atleast compared to the communication we have in RA/Alsius.
Since most people on Horus speaks English, most communication is written there.

Don't expect a gang of people standing up from their resting, buffing and preparing areas as soon as you simply stand waiting near the fort gate.
Or a group following your rush, taking the left flank as soon as you advance to the right flank of the enemies.
The communication is just so much more transparent on RA, because you mostly communicate with actions instead of text.

I suppose it's just how it's developed thanks to people not understanding each other.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
frania
Banned

frania is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonger View Post
I often see many people doing the wrong things once their realms are being invaded.

Mages:
1) stay near the realm door
2) spam areas into the inner sections of the door (prevents hunters from entering) (blaze+crystalblast+splinterwall+mindpush)

Archers:
1) Marksmen should move to gem locations and defend the gems against the camo hunters that may sneak in before the mages are in place to defend the door.

2) Hunters should form a perimiter around the gems and let others know what is comming.
*before realm walls are broken camo + repetiton the enemy in groups of 4 or more hunters to prevent invasion period. (too bad most hunters on ra use pets and will never even read this)

Warriors:
1) stand guard with mages at the door and spam your areas
2) some fall back and defend the gem locations

Everyone should know the gem locations for their realms!
I want to ask You for stop being Captain Obvious. It is annoying like hell.
frania no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
KnuckOne

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood
post on the dmc thread "you are stupid and your ideas are too"
People are playing for fun, go to US army if you want to give orders to somebody, you've nice opportunities atm, Iraq looks like Ignis, i think it should fit
Old 08-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
DemonMonger
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by frania View Post
I want to ask You for stop being Captain Obvious. It is annoying like hell.
Obvious is not the same to all people.... there are many "children" who do not have a clue what to do ... and many more retards that drool on the keyboard while picking there nose as their realm mates die all around them. Just because you have a brain does not mean others do. Someone out there is going to have to read this 100 times just before they realize what they should do when being invaded. If you think you are bothered by this post, try going through years of the same idiodic mess on regnum.

I would much rather people instinctively knew what to do in combat, all moving as one unit. Yes, attacking and defending like a pack of wolves would be nice, but Ignis Ra is full of cud chewing mindless cows!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
DemonMonger
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckOne View Post
People are playing for fun, go to US army if you want to give orders to somebody, you've nice opportunities atm, Iraq looks like Ignis, i think it should fit
First off... I do not want to give order to anyone, only suggestions on how to improve their gameplay.

Second if I joined the war in Iraq "which is pointless anyway" more mindless cows would be telling me what to do.
Quote:
Sarah P.
Thanks but no thanks...
The lack of battle sense is what drives more and more hunters and various other classes to avoid fort wars, just to assassinate enemy players alone.

Yes I too play for fun. However, fun to me means people playing well and kicking ass. In this game of power ball I cannot choose my players, but I know I do not want the ones wearing those thick colorful helmets.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
ArchmagusArcana
Master

ArchmagusArcana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would much rather people instinctively knew what to do in combat, all moving as one unit. Yes, attacking and defending like a pack of wolves would be nice, but Ignis Ra is full of cud chewing mindless cows!
A good first step would be to organize something clan by clan and both physically show people, and give coordinates of gems. Some of the more combat prioritized clans, like ours, tend to already have plans in as to what to do in the event of in invasion. We have had pretty good success with leaving most of the locks and some healers at the gate as well as a handful of barbs and a good number of knights, while the faster classes (assuming the gate is zerged and we dont have time to actually get to the gems if course) go directly to gems to try to pick off people that are going after them. In my opinion, during defense, it is vitally important that you have a few hunter scouts near the realm gate and a well organized force that can watch both sides of the gate and attempt to kill anyone that passes.

Sort of off topic, but it would really be fantastic for people to know how to take a fort too......basic things like killing the ranged guards so that mages dont have to crowd the door and die to warrior areas, and actually do our job and support (and heal) the door bashers by dizzy, knock, etc both excursions from the door and people on the walls. Or how people are so goddamn stupid as to NOT hug the door and NOT leave the center clear, it just lets warriors come out to area you and gives locks a nice fat juicy target for terror.
ArchmagusArcana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
nevergiveup
Secondary account

nevergiveup is an unknown quantity at this point

Captain obvious, faster than the speed of stupid!
And his secret identity is DEMON MONGER!

... Like we didn't know already.
nevergiveup no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
imefisto_foro
Initiate

imefisto_foro is on a distinguished road

I'm agree with you but I've seen other movements in war with good results too:

Defense in realm's door: Mages running with warriors, behind them, supporting them and warriors attacking to the invaders with extra resistence provided by mages. I'm not talking about big attacks, only fast actions close to door. If the enemy stays too far, wait (is the enemy who needs to attack, the time give advantage to defensor)

Your way it's ok but there is others ways more agressive defending
imefisto_foro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote