Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 11-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough
Talking Becoming a GM

I felt a little sorry for poor Zombrex and the total derailing of the thread by a very "special" individual. A person who truly proves that for some conditions there truly is no treatment.

I pulled this from a pdf somewhere.

The position of game moderator is highly sought after – equally high are its requirements.

•The candidate is a veteran community member with excellent and up-to-date knowledge of the game mechanics.

•The candidate is an active and contributing member and has a positive record of constructive submissions to the game over an extended period of time.

•The candidate is considered a mature, level-headed person by peers and known to devote some thought into posts. This person is respected by the community for fair assessments while maintaining the highest objectivity

•The candidate can see the big picture of a strategy and evaluate changes based on long-term balance.

•The candidate is able to set priorities and do not let their judgement be clouded by personal feelings.

•The candidate has excellent grammar and communication skills ,enabling them to adapt their rhetoric to the target audience.

•The candidate is ideally able to speak more than one language.

•The candidate a team-player and can handle pressure well.

•The candidate in full and sole possession of their account at all times and do not have any other players in their household, immediate family or personal relationship surroundings.

•The candidate understands that they will be forgoing the full benefits of enjoying the game as player and dedicate a significant amount of time under a non-disclosed personality.

•The candidate acknowledges that their decision to become a staff member is final and irreversibly removes their full status as player, even after resigning.

Please feel free to direct posts for Zombrex thread but really in response to the "special post" here instead. I don't mind if you derail this one.

Artec
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

Good find, i wouldn't want a job as a GM
Old 11-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
I felt a little sorry for poor Zombrex and the total derailing of the thread by a very "special" individual. A person who truly proves that for some conditions there truly is no treatment.

I pulled this from a pdf somewhere.

The position of game moderator is highly sought after – equally high are its requirements.

•The candidate is a veteran community member with excellent and up-to-date knowledge of the game mechanics.
Meh, sorta
•The candidate is an active and contributing member and has a positive record of constructive submissions to the game over an extended period of time.
positive you say? HAH! not even close
•The candidate is considered a mature, level-headed person by peers and known to devote some thought into posts. This person is respected by the community for fair assessments while maintaining the highest objectivity
no, no, no, and no
•The candidate can see the big picture of a strategy and evaluate changes based on long-term balance.
nope
•The candidate is able to set priorities and do not let their judgement be clouded by personal feelings.
very no
•The candidate has excellent grammar and communication skills ,enabling them to adapt their rhetoric to the target audience.
im usually to lazy to add punctuation. no communication skillz tho
•The candidate is ideally able to speak more than one language.
no hablo espanol (i know i forgot the ~ over the n)
•The candidate a team-player and can handle pressure well.
team-player..... cant handle pressure well....
•The candidate in full and sole possession of their account at all times and do not have any other players in their household, immediate family or personal relationship surroundings.
this is the only one that i actually have
•The candidate understands that they will be forgoing the full benefits of enjoying the game as player and dedicate a significant amount of time under a non-disclosed personality.
im not quite sure i get what is being said here
•The candidate acknowledges that their decision to become a staff member is final and irreversibly removes their full status as player, even after resigning.
meh
Please feel free to direct posts for Zombrex thread but really in response to the "special post" here instead. I don't mind if you derail this one.

Artec
i think its clear that i may be the WORST possible candidate. lolz
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road

I usually don't chime in on stuff like this, but....Man, DB, did you ever to stop to think, "Gee, maybe derailing an official topic from NGD would be a bad idea, and counterproductive to my goals." Seriously, throw that kinda rant over in complaints or something. Do you -really- think they are going to give you GM status after you've just epically derailed an official topic? If I were a forum moderator you'd have posting privileges revoked about now, and have a timeout period to go cool down. Probably wouldn't get you banned from the game though.

You know, as per what my mentor always said, sometimes it is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Oops
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylos View Post
You know, as per what my mentor always said, sometimes it is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
Sadly, that ship left the harbour a long time ago.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Dude I could totally be a GM.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
Nekoko
Master

Nekoko is on a distinguished road

Just make bois a GM already. We all know he'd be good at it and I certainly don't want the job
Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
Altara
Apprentice

Altara will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoko View Post
Just make Van* a GM already. We all know he'd be good at it and I certainly don't want the job
There, fixed it for you.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
A_K_M
Apprentice

A_K_M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoko View Post
Just make bois a GM already. We all know he'd be good at it and I certainly don't want the job
I like this idea... +10