Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Thrillem
Secondary account

Thrillem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fort capture by hunter with a hack?

Yesterday I witness something very strange. We have just captured back Algaros. Our group left. After a few minutes me and a hunter friend were going to leave too when we heard and saw a guard on the wall being hit from the tower with arrows. We run inside the fort, I looked up and I saw this alsius called Fartass or something like that (a Nordo hunter under lvl 50: easy). At that moment the guard on the wall was killed. We were going to go inside the tower to get him when suddenly the fort –and guards of course- became Alsius. I looked instantly for another alsius around the flag but there was none -there was not anyone else inside but the alsius hunter on the tower.
So the fort was captured by one hunter from the tower after killing one guard on the wall.
My question to the community is this: How is that possible? Is there a logical explanation? Can anyone do that?
Thrillem no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Inkster
Count

Inkster has a spectacular aura aboutInkster has a spectacular aura about

Maybe the hunter hit the flag before running back up the tower, or there could have been a second hunter who camoed after hitting the flag?

Im not really sure
Old 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Normal situation. Always scan for hunters before leaving the fort. Else this will happen.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
KKharzov
Banned

KKharzov is on a distinguished road

It's just the fault of the guards near the flag for not cancelling capture. The hunter tagged the flag and ran for the tower. If the guards near the flag weren't dead, then they were most likely too busy running back and forth with the hunter to recapture the flag.

If you were in the fort you should have seen the message "Alsius is capturing Fort Algaros!"
KKharzov no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Myxir
Count

Myxir is on a distinguished road

Everyone is hacking
Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Thrillem
Secondary account

Thrillem is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKharzov View Post
It's just the fault of the guards near the flag for not cancelling capture. The hunter tagged the flag and ran for the tower. If the guards near the flag weren't dead, then they were most likely too busy running back and forth with the hunter to recapture the flag.

If you were in the fort you should have seen the message "Alsius is capturing Fort Algaros!"
As I said the alsius hunter was in the tower and by that I mean upstairs. He was finishing off the guard from the wall when we got inside the fort. We saw the guard being killed and when we were running to the tower to get him, the fort became Alsius. There was no one else around but him. No one. I can assure you. Not even camo. And if he was he should have being visible when tagging the flag and we had seen him but there was no one. The hunter with me had already tracked him when we captured Alga back but could not get him and as everybody else have left, we were going to leave too when we notice the guard being shot.

The question remains: How is it possible to capture a fort by only 1 hunter from the tower (upstairs) by killing 1 guard on the wall? Is there any logical explanation or is it a hack?
Thrillem no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
doppelapfel
Baron

doppelapfel is on a distinguished road

Im pretty sure he clicked the flag and ran up the stairs then.
doppelapfel no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Hamster_of_sorrow
Self-called retired user

Hamster_of_sorrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillem View Post
As I said the alsius hunter was in the tower and by that I mean upstairs. He was finishing off the guard from the wall when we got inside the fort. We saw the guard being killed and when we were running to the tower to get him, the fort became Alsius. There was no one else around but him. No one. I can assure you. Not even camo. And if he was he should have being visible when tagging the flag and we had seen him but there was no one. The hunter with me had already tracked him when we captured Alga back but could not get him and as everybody else have left, we were going to leave too when we notice the guard being shot.

The question remains: How is it possible to capture a fort by only 1 hunter from the tower (upstairs) by killing 1 guard on the wall? Is there any logical explanation or is it a hack?
there is a logical explanation. the hunter had either tagged the flag then ran to the tower, or another hunter had tagged then camoed. track works very poorly in forts so do not rely on track to tell you if someone is in a tower or not.

getting upstairs takes only a few seconds, it takes 30 seconds to capture a fort (and 60 for a castle). just because the hunter was upstairs when the fort was captured doesn't mean a thing.
Hamster_of_sorrow no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
DkySven
Marquis

DkySven has a spectacular aura aboutDkySven has a spectacular aura about

My guess is that he clicked the flag to start capture and then went up the tower from where he attacked the guards to keep them busy and prevent them from canceling the capture.

That you saw the guards die and at the same time to fort being captured is no coincidence. When a fort is captured, the remaining guards of the previous owner instantly die.
DkySven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Due to the ridiculous positioning issues (which are hopefully fixed now), when you drop down from a tall object, it sometimes appears as if your character is stuck against the edge at the top. He probably dropped down, clicked the flag, and ran to the side of the tower and started shooting the archer guard... but on your screen he did all of this while running into the ledge on the top of the tower.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote