Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 02-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough
Default [Discuss] Item enhancement resist stacking, balance

Sooo i had some discussion with mates about the new warmaster armor sets.

With a full set you have 15 slots (melee, archers 5x3 slots, mages 3x5 slots) which can each equip 2% resistance enhancements.
I have no real overwiev about the new weapons and we dont know exactly how mixed damage types are calculated (From tests it seems stacking on 1 dmg type is better then mixed).

With the possibility to stack passive 30% resist towards 1 dmgtype we have quite a gamechanging new layer in customization.
Given the passive and active abilities to resist damage already we might get interesting, maybe imbalanced synergies.

Eg. Archers Acrobatics + 30% slash resist from the new set will put them up to 60% resist slashing edit: even without taking armor reduction into account.
Additionally stacking towards each class main incoming damage type will lead to a quite huge damage reduction, especially with knight aura around.

Will we need Diminishing returns in the future? Currently each additional % of resist dmg added has more fixed effect (0% -10% resist is worth less then 50-60%), added Diminishing returns would change that instead of adding fixed % resist youd add resist rating, eg 100 rating would get you from 0 to 10% but if you alread have 50% 100 more would bring you only from 50 to 55%)

What are your thoughts about the new resist stacking possibilities? Where do you see good use,imbalances or exploits?

/discuss

Edit: It seems you can not add more then 1 resist enhancement of the same kind to an item.
Edit2: Seems info was wrong, you can stack resists.

Last edited by _Enio_; 03-16-2011 at 05:05 PM.
_Enio_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Envy
Master

Envy is on a distinguished road

Barbarians.

20% Frenzy, 20% Weapon discipline resist, 30% from item enhancements.

70% resistance to one physical damage type.
Envy no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Although it is not easy to get the resistance gear, it is possible (to drop or buy). 30% passive resistance to one type of dammage is really quite much, expecially for high defense characters (knights). This will certainly increase the difference between 50-is and 60-ish lvl players.

I would much rather see hp/mana gems, for example, maybe even dammage/cs/as. For lock the warmaster armor set seems pretty useless. Locks prefare mana/hp and mostly CS, rather than increased resist chance.
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
_Enio_
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kharbon_ View Post
..rather than increased resist chance.
Resist dmg doesnt increase resist chance, it will resist damage = when you get hit by a SP without armorpoints and 0% resist pierce for 500, 50% piercing resist will make this 250 damage (without armor points).

And, its quite easy to get that warmaster set, it will just take some time. evryone playing for half a year will get it for sure (you can get 2k coins per day, 120 coins for the full set makes that 60 days of dailies.

For the resist stacking enhancements im not sure how you can get them (buy via coins maybe too?) but yea, an option is of course to spend 15x 3500 xim = 52.500 xim for those enhancements.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
doppelapfel
Baron

doppelapfel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Eg. Archers Acrobatics + 30% slash resist from the new set will put them up to 60% resist slashing before armor reduction.
Are you sure about that? When i tested it (before the balance update though) armor reduced before resists.

I dont think that anybody who has the choice would use any other resists than slash or piercing, this could really become a problem. But hey, they didnt care about marksmen increasing their dmg to twice as much only by gear so i doubt they will care about a dmgresist balance as long as ppl buy the stuff for realm money.
doppelapfel no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
_Kharbon_
Baron

_Kharbon_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Resist dmg doesnt increase resist chance, it will resist damage = when you get hit by a SP without armorpoints and 0% resist pierce for 500, 50% piercing resist will make this 250 damage (without armor points).
Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me
Actually, now it sound even worse

Quote:
And, its quite easy to get that warmaster set, it will just take some time. evryone playing for half a year will get it for sure (you can get 2k coins per day, 120 coins for the full set makes that 60 days of dailies.

For the resist stacking enhancements im not sure how you can get them (buy via coins maybe too?) but yea, an option is of course to spend 15x 3500 xim = 52.500 xim for those enhancements.
That's what I ment, it's not so easy to get the full 30% resistance (especially of the same type). It will take longer time to get that. I actually didn't hear about anyone dropping it yet...
WM - WM - WM - 56 - 53 - 50

_Kharbon_ no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
_Enio_
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelapfel View Post
Are you sure about that? When i tested it (before the balance update though) armor reduced before resists.
Im actually not sure about it, i edited my op. I just wanted to point out that additionally to the high resist damage theres the armorpoints (+ increasing skills) which ll further lower the effective incoming damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kharbon_ View Post
Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me
Actually, now it sound even worse

That's what I ment, it's not so easy to get the full 30% resistance (especially of the same type). It will take longer time to get that. I actually didn't hear about anyone dropping it yet...
If there really isnt another way to obtain these enhancements it would be quite unfair towards non-premium users. I think someone mentioned something about quests for it but well, i dont know, if anyone does know more let us know
Old 02-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine what it will be like for a hunter trying to shoot a marksman, with an additional 30% pierce resist. Acrobatics, evasive tactics, and strategic position can already reduce hunter normal hits below ~20 damage from shortbow users.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

We definitely need some stacking cap, e.g. 30% maximum.

10% + 10% = 20%
10% + 30% = 30%
20% + 20% = 30%
35% + 30% = 35%
70% + 40% = 70%

And we need more damage type variation for archers, as it is now everyone would go for pierce (or slash, ok) and we'd have quite a hard time.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #10
_Enio_
Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
We definitely need some stacking cap, e.g. 30% maximum.

10% + 10% = 20%
10% + 30% = 30%
20% + 20% = 30%
35% + 30% = 35%
70% + 40% = 70%
I dont like caps, thats not really smart. You get annoying side effects where more stacking has zero effect instead of diminished effect. i think diminishing returns are really the best way to deal with stuff like that.

really wonder how it turns out at 60 with full set..