Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Dupa_z_Zasady
Banned

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Distracting shot.

What are your experience with that spell now? I have 90% failure rate. Does anyone else experiencing that? It is not matter of enemy buffs, im talking now only about those DS's I'm sure were casted on unbuffed enemies. Did I miss momething in changelog? Please help.
Dupa_z_Zasady no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Ehm, if you are serious u should do something with your luckiness.
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Archonaut
Banned

Archonaut is on a distinguished road

Well I know from about 1 month ago when I played my hunter, 6to7 out of every 10 distracting shot got resisted. The resist rate on this spell has to be way higher than on spells like ambush. If not, there's something seriously wrong with this spell.
Archonaut no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Carn
Initiate

Carn is on a distinguished road

I bet it's a conspiracy :o
Carn no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
PT_DaAr_PT
Baron

PT_DaAr_PT is on a distinguished road

Certain spells get more resisted than others, that is true. Try casting Will domain as a level 15 warlock on level 35 snakes, then test with any kind of DoT spells. I guarantee you that Will domain will always be resisted, while - if lucky - every DoT spell will succeed. Could also have to do that Constitution provides extra resistance to Knock down and Stun.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_DaAr_PT View Post
Certain spells get more resisted than others, that is true. Try casting Will domain as a level 15 warlock on level 35 snakes, then test with any kind of DoT spells. I guarantee you that Will domain will always be resisted, while - if lucky - every DoT spell will succeed. Could also have to do that Constitution provides extra resistance to Knock down and Stun.
I don't think I've landed a successful Will Domain for the past week. It gets resisted every single time. Funny enough, I get hit by distracting shots all the time which usually ends up with the archers using every buff he has followed by an ambush (which never gets resisted for some reason).
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
NotScias
Baron

NotScias will become famous soon enough

Somehow it seems non-damaging CCs have a much higher failure rate than damaging ones or DoTs (from my personal experience).

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #8
jesus2
Pledge

jesus2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwish View Post
I don't think I've landed a successful Will Domain for the past week. It gets resisted every single time. Funny enough, I get hit by distracting shots all the time which usually ends up with the archers using every buff he has followed by an ambush (which never gets resisted for some reason).
Hmmm if I remember well, I think that no matter what spell u use after dist shot (I mean while enemy is still under spell affect) the spell is gonna have success 100%, so thats why u see most archer castin ambush after dist shot.

I tested that on amun with some friends a while ago and spell success was guaranteed everytime (I might be wrong though).Idk if NGD stated smt about it in the past but thats my experience so far.

Regards.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #9
isgandarli
Banned

isgandarli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus2 View Post
Hmmm if I remember well, I think that no matter what spell u use after dist shot (I mean while enemy is still under spell affect) the spell is gonna have success 100%, so thats why u see most archer castin ambush after dist shot.

Regards.
Nope this is not a rule as you say. I've seen a lot fails with casting Ambush on a distracted player. The chance can be higher than usually casted Ambush, but it's not 100% for sure.
isgandarli no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
tarashunter
Initiate

tarashunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isgandarli View Post
Nope this is not a rule as you say. I've seen a lot fails with casting Ambush on a distracted player. The chance can be higher than usually casted Ambush, but it's not 100% for sure.
+1 it often happen to me,after distr my ambush is not 100% landed.It get can get resisted as in any other combat moment.

I noticed this : ambush lvl 5 = 80% fail ,Distract lvl 5 =80% fail.
I dunno what level you use this skills,but i prefer use them on lvl 4 max,the succesful chance seems be major than a lvl 5 skill.....it is my experience,but i may be wrong,try to test it guys.
The random number generator of regnum,is a total fail.Too many resist etc.
I think it is made to balance a lvl 60(with 20 more power point) on a lvl 50,or generally to balance an highter lvl powers vs a low level one.
It sucks too,as in other MMo,they can simply give low levels a sort of immunity or a passive at dmg resitence (ex: a lvl 60 hit on a lvl 45 will do only 60% of his total dmg,so the lvl 45 have some chance to escape,or combat his enemy),or do some zones accessible only for certain lvls to pvp/grind etc.

Consider also that some class,have too many CCs to use in pvp(without consider the WM shitty powers in RvR that allow to play god-mode and resist everything).
If they continue ignore the problem on the gameplay point of view,you must continue play with that pain my friend:your ability on use skills don't give you any kind of advantage,luck is your best friend in this game at moment.
Play regnum with CCs,is like play at slot machines actually,this is not your problem only,all the players suffer this.
tarashunter no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote