Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road
Post Adding more to the Warzone?

I'm just curious how people feel about the warzones emptiness. I've always found the warzone to be bare and lacking in terms of excitement and things to do.

Forts & Castles are the only monuments in the Warzone that are labelled for war, Why don't we have Farms, Camps, Mines, Watch Towers, Villages ect adding to the warzone to make it feel like it's a serious battle to maintain land & resources.

Villages: Fortify the markets and turn them into small villages. Make them non capturable & put the Warmaster quests & future warzone related quests in these small cities for convience.

Camps:Just small Camps located in key grinding locations in the warzone. They'd allow faster health and mana regeneration and a "Warzone Chat" that would only be useable in Villages & Camps to relay information in the wz. These camps would be capturable but would be consider "Minor Monuments"

Mines: Just small capturable areas that would help with distributing magnanite to players. There could be a quest available where capturing all the mines in the warzone once would yield the player a small amount of Magnanite for completion.

Watch Towers: These Watch Towers would be captureable and would be located off of each bridge, Holding one of these Watch Towers, would allow the Fort it's connected to be fully upgraded once the fort was captured while holding the local Watch Tower

Farms: Farms would be capturable areas in each realm's warzone that would have the usual Vegetation & Farm Animals. Killing the guards & farm animals would capture the Farm for your realm, Holding each "Farm" would give 15% gold boost per farm held by a realm

These are just my ideas to expanding the warzone and giving it a more lively feel, I've suggested some of these in the past, But i still feel the warzone needs some kinda boost, It shouldn't just be a Fort/Castle ping pong there needs to be more objectives,

Just wondering what others feel about these ideas listed & feel free to add your own.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
SilverHaven
Initiate

SilverHaven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
I'm just curious how people feel about the warzones emptiness. I've always found the warzone to be bare and lacking in terms of excitement and things to do.

Forts & Castles are the only monuments in the Warzone that are labelled for war, Why don't we have Farms, Camps, Mines, Watch Towers, Villages ect adding to the warzone to make it feel like it's a serious battle to maintain land & resources.

Villages: Fortify the markets and turn them into small villages. Make them non capturable & put the Warmaster quests & future warzone related quests in these small cities for convience.

Camps:Just small Camps located in key grinding locations in the warzone. They'd allow faster health and mana regeneration and a "Warzone Chat" that would only be useable in Villages & Camps to relay information in the wz. These camps would be capturable but would be consider "Minor Monuments"

Mines: Just small capturable areas that would help with distributing magnanite to players. There could be a quest available where capturing all the mines in the warzone once would yield the player a small amount of Magnanite for completion.

Watch Towers: These Watch Towers would be captureable and would be located off of each bridge, Holding one of these Watch Towers, would allow the Fort it's connected to be fully upgraded once the fort was captured while holding the local Watch Tower

Farms: Farms would be capturable areas in each realm's warzone that would have the usual Vegetation & Farm Animals. Killing the guards & farm animals would capture the Farm for your realm, Holding each "Farm" would give 15% gold boost per farm held by a realm

These are just my ideas to expanding the warzone and giving it a more lively feel, I've suggested some of these in the past, But i still feel the warzone needs some kinda boost, It shouldn't just be a Fort/Castle ping pong there needs to be more objectives,

Just wondering what others feel about these ideas listed & feel free to add your own.
Well, not bad ideas, but I would like to see bugs fixed first. And since I got tired of all these for years not fixed bugs that was reportet thousands of times, I decided to give away everything. After that I will delete all my characters, quit and never come back (thats why I will delete them and not just leave them, so I have nothing to come back for).
SilverHaven no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
kannC
Pledge

kannC is on a distinguished road

i wish a WZ global chat system should be added. In my opinion, an improved communication system will facilitate more WZ activities
kannC no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannC View Post
i wish a WZ global chat system should be added. In my opinion, an improved communication system will facilitate more spam
Fixed, 10chars
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #5
kannC
Pledge

kannC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seinvan View Post
Fixed, 10chars
LOL, true that too.
But by the way, what if a something like /create bg concept like one of the rvr game i played years ago. A WZ guy (supposedly he/she becomes an action leader) can create a chat group for a purpose. And other WZ players can join/leave this chat depends on whether he/she likes or not. A option is that the chat leader can remove certain players from chat group in case they consider this member a spy or annoying etc.
kannC no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Warthog
Apprentice

Warthog is on a distinguished road

Personally I would not see bringing war zone chat back as adding anything to the warzone. I hated it before ( personel opinion ) and would hate it again. Now I do agree there needs to be better ways to communicate in-game. Make it able to add more people to a party. Or make 3-4-5 parties be able to group up and turn into a Raid/Army where would get a Raid/Army chat tab. This would be much better IMo. A global chat is just 75% Spam/people trolling each other, 15% making it so you don't need to make friends or choose a good clan to be in cause it is constantly flashing across screen where enemy hunt parties or war groups are, and 5% new players trying to get advice on the game but being drowned out by the spam/trolling.
Warthog no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

This should probably be in suggestions really, even if this has all been said before. So I think its appropriate to use something thats already been said on this topic very recently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
Just recycle the event island as a newbie warzone that is capped to level 40. That's how long quests last.

As for the main warzone, there's been thousands of suggestions, like capture the flag, magnanite mines, capturable bridges, capturable cities, and more.

--- CUT FOR RANTING ---
Guess how many have been implemented in the five years since beta? ZERO. Instead, NGD continues to "refine" a barely-cared-for game mechanic (invasions), that is not only full of balance problems that simply cannot be completely solved, but is also always set up to punish the losing realm(s).

If you go back in time on the forums to 2008, you will find most responses to invasions to be overwhelmingly negative with most asking for it to be removed. Instead of trying to take the game in other directions with mechanics that would actually work, NGD instead opts to just tell customers "give it time", even though said mechanics never actually improve no matter how much time passes (see WM powers!), and in most cases even get worse. This not only results in boredom, but epic frustration as well.

With nothing new, a game will die, these were Chilko's own words when refering to WM update. The game has new content, but its all just remade old content.
This. Our suggestions are almost always on deaf ears, likely as they don't fit NGDs "Vision" that seems to change every couple of updates.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaril View Post

Our suggestions are almost always on deaf ears, likely as they don't fit NGDs "Vision" that seems to change every couple of updates.
I don't agree entirely. A few community ideas have made it to the game. Yes they may be warped and horribly twisted from the original idea by the time they do go live but, I still recognise them.
By my calculations, it takes anywhere between 18 months to 2.5 years gestation period for any community idea to be assessed and eventually taken to development stage.
Vision ? What's that? The game is bankrupt for new ideas with simply reheats of old ideas coming back. Add to that gimmickry adapted from other places and we have the vision. Regnum Online is no longer about innovation but more about mimicking content.

The game is now a mish mash of duct taped pieces that NGD think are popular in the genre so they add it to increase revenue. I would say that the approach has been rather successful. Long gone are efforts to keep the indie roots and truly innovate and develop the game into something original.

To the ideas.

Villages : They won't do it. They want you to go inner for the WM quests. I explained why before. They won't do anything to take the emphasis off invasions. Well, they might with instances. I do wonder if the global persistent world they have is able to take on any more without seeing strain.

Camps : read above. They they want to drive invasions, camps will distract from that.

Mines : buy the Ximerin , buy, buy the X2 mag boosters. They don't want the population spread. These side distractions expose the fact that the game is still underpopulated. Driving players to forts give the façade of a highly populated server. The zerg is what they want. Broken mechanics and balance issues hide well in zergs. FPS does not.

Watch tower: you can't even gain quest counts at bridges (you should). NGD is blinkered on driving players to forts. Bridges have no impact in invasion mechanics although they should as they are choke points.

Farms : We have those . They are called fort wars.

Sorry to be so blunt. The ideas are quite good but they don't seem to fit the vision NGD has. They have built a one trick pony game. Players constantly find ways to play contrary to invasions but NGD keeps pressing and shepherding to that content even as players tend to buck against it.
If Invasions was engaging content that stayed fresh with equitable balanced rewards, I could understand. However, they have not done anything successfully engaging, balanced and dynamic to that mechanic in ages.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
time-to-die
Baron

time-to-die is on a distinguished road

I like it
time-to-die no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
alsius, ignis, realms, regnum, syrtis