Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you use dead eye?

Hello marksmen. I was wondering, do you prefer using dead eye or being better off without. Sure, the 30% extra dmg is nice, but does it cancel out the 15% as?

And maybe some marx like Enio and other crazy testers can calculate/tell us of their experiences and how much 15% as really helps. Thanks guys!
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
Valkasar
Count

Valkasar is on a distinguished road

I think that it's only worth it if you use 100% wep damage skills, like lethal, dual, rep shot, Proy. rain... but besides that i think it's useless.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
Mehran
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkasar View Post
I think that it's only worth it if you use 100% wep damage skills, like lethal, dual, rep shot, Proy. rain... but besides that i think it's useless.
well yeah. I was gonna skill manuever, crit chance, and lethal strike with it, but remove serpent to boost my normals insanely. But I was thinking whether or not the dmg was worth the -15% as. I mean I use hawks gaze and will use rapid shot in the future. But maybe in the time I could do 200 more dmg, I would hit another 200? I don't know. I see many Marx still using dead eye and was just wondering. Seeing them hit X2 my normals makes me feel weak

Last edited by Arrived; 06-21-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

Currently I do. I use it lvl5 currently to see how I go with the -15% malus and actually I really don't mind. Well of course, I have 5%as leggings, and normally I use 2 RoLs when using it because my longbow has slow speed.
I try to always get on it atleast on 1. -5%as isn't really a big of a malus.

Manuever however has a nice duration compared to Dead Eye. But Dead Eye has a shorter cooldown too AND can be used both on lb & sb.

Also it's good when casting lethal

Don't bother much how they hit you, else you really get upset and obsessed. Do notice, but not too much
Also, what's your lvl?

Last edited by Tamui; 06-21-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Edited a question
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Mehran
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamui View Post
Currently I do. I use it lvl5 currently to see how I go with the -15% malus and actually I really don't mind. Well of course, I have 5%as leggings, and normally I use 2 RoLs when using it because my longbow has slow speed.
I try to always get on it atleast on 1. -5%as isn't really a big of a malus.

Manuever however has a nice duration compared to Dead Eye. But Dead Eye has a shorter cooldown too AND can be used both on lb & sb.

Also it's good when casting lethal

Don't bother much how they hit you, else you really get upset and obsessed. Do notice, but not too much
Also, what's your lvl?
well my lvl doesn't really matter, except for me hitting low but regardless I'm 48. And I too use 2 RoL rings and hope to get a mana+as+dex legging in the future. But my main concern was if the 30% dmg is at least worthy of the -15% as. I think what I will do is go to arena and time how long it takes to kill someone with and without deadeye (just recharged and dead eye against an unbuffed mage,archer, and barb) and then compare the times. (I will post my results here).

But my main concern is kiting. I remember +a year ago when I switched to Alsius, Enio teaching me how to kite and giving me tips. And currently with my med lb (no as gems/stats/armor, just 10% from my RoL with hawks gaze) I can actually kite how I use to without the couple of bow changes and how we shoot. so maybe -15% will make me unable to kite and thus reduce some efficiency since actual kiting is excellent in any situation.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
byakurai
Marquis

byakurai will become famous soon enough

It's a nice skill if you have got a bow with tons of dmg , So if you haven't got one don't use it
byakurai no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Mehran
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by byakurai View Post
It's a nice skill if you have got a bow with tons of dmg , So if you haven't got one don't use it
Well I was gonna use a nice base stat bow with ~14% AS (from gems/drop stats) and then use dead eye for extra dmg since it'd cancel the bow's AS....

But, i did my trials, and here are the results against a lvl.41 knight (we took off his shield). He had 3490hp and 228 armor points.

Without Dead Eye
With Dead Eye

Trial 1: 28.630 seconds with 16 hits, 1 crit, 1 evade
30.731 seconds with 14 hits, 1 crit, 2 evades
Trial 2: 30.522 seconds with 18 hits, 0 crits, 3 evades
26.273 seconds with 12 hits, 2 crits, 0 evades
Trial 3: 27.862 seconds with 17 hits, 0 crits, 0 evades
32.763 seconds with 16 hits, 0 crits, 2 evades

So the averages were 29.004667 seconds for non-dead-eye and 29.92233 seconds for dead-eye use. Also I did further calculations on the damage, since the speeds were indifferent. I did 5 hits without dead eye and got an average of 182.8 dmg and with dead eye and got 225 dmg. So you are looking at about an extra 42.2 dmg per hit using dead eye, for 20seconds, costing you 170mana.

So I will not be using dead eye anytime soon, but if any marx who finds it usefull off this data, go on ahead.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

I don't have a great bow. Got WMs but it's good enough for me.
I still find it useful, as Dead Eye(1)> Manuever(3). Also it can be used on lb and sb. Although it helps Lethal Strike even though it varies ALOT. Currently I'm using DE(5) and Lethal(5), I really have no problem. Eh it's just a matter of player style then
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Mehran
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamui View Post
I don't have a great bow. Got WMs but it's good enough for me.
I still find it useful, as Dead Eye(1)> Manuever(3). Also it can be used on lb and sb. Although it helps Lethal Strike even though it varies ALOT. Currently I'm using DE(5) and Lethal(5), I really have no problem. Eh it's just a matter of player style then
exactly. You also need other spells to go with dead eye, so more mana. :P

BUT. since i see everyone using the same old marx setups with the same combos,, tsk tsk... I have a new one which i have thought of.

Use seeking strike with break apart to make it -51 const then ethreal (so they'd lose litterally 1/4hp) then pew pew to death
Old 06-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Baron

71175 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrived View Post
exactly. You also need other spells to go with dead eye, so more mana. :P

BUT. since i see everyone using the same old marx setups with the same combos,, tsk tsk... I have a new one which i have thought of.

Use seeking strike with break apart to make it -51 const then ethreal (so they'd lose litterally 1/4hp) then pew pew to death
Not rly original, my friend have been using it for alot of time
71175 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote