Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 AM   #1
ML42
Apprentice

ML42 is on a distinguished road
Default Energy Barrier

Hi

I know you're fixing the level 2 energy barrier, but when you do I think it should last longer than the level 1 barrier.

I remember when fighting small things the barrier would last for ages, but when fighting the Young Gryhondite, it seems to only last a few seconds with a level 2 barrier! Meaning that sometimes I can just about kill them but I've also had to run away!

Also, it is difficult to tell when you're casting a spell i.e. it seems that if you cast energy barrier while running, it only starts to cast when you're standing, but once you've stood and allowed it to start, the casting continues while you're running. It also seems that if you cast energy barrier running, then start attacking, the energy barrier cast is lost and it instead casts the next you clicked. Picture running away from a big angry bear lol.

Essentially it seems to be inconsistent, so if it is the case that you cannot cast a spell while kneeling or running, said spells should be disabled in both the power book and shortcut bar.
ML42 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
plrabun
Apprentice

plrabun is on a distinguished road

casting spells on the move is my absolute most favorite part of playing a magic charactor

having this would Regnum more special than other games, so this is very important!

Dodging, strafing, running and fighting make games very exciting and fun
plrabun no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
ML42
Apprentice

ML42 is on a distinguished road

I agree!

but what I was saying was that casting seems to be rather hit or miss, having to stop for 4 seconds or so (probably the warm up period of the spell) before it could be cast, though as you say it is cast while running.

edit: though i'm not entirely sure how it works, i think just now it made me stop. My point is it shouldn't be difficult to understand how it works, you should just click the spell then after the warm up time it's cast!

Last edited by ML42; 10-24-2006 at 05:39 PM.
ML42 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
Brihtwulf
Pledge

Brihtwulf is on a distinguished road

No, you're not actually casting while running. You're stationary for the actual casting (or warmup you described), then you can move while the actual animation is playing. It's just coincidental that you're not stuck while the animation plays...

-Brihtwulf
Brihtwulf no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote