Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Jerver
Pledge

Jerver is on a distinguished road
Default Mage conjurer or warlock

I'm a beginner in this game and i was wondering what's the best as a mage, warlock or conjurer and what the advantages are of both classes
Jerver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
cokyy
Pledge

cokyy is on a distinguished road

Well there is no 'best' class, it fully depends on what you want to accomplish in this game.

Would you like to be a healer? With summons who can fight for you, and spells that can buff your allies? Then choose Conjurer, it's the only Healing Class in game.

If you would like to be a damage player, killing enemies with full damage spells and cc's (crowd controls) to protect your allies from getting killed. Then choose a Warlock. Though, a warlock can not heal his allies, it's a full damage class.
cokyy no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Tamui
Baron

Tamui is on a distinguished road

There is no best.
Conjurer is supportive and can provide heals and buffs.
Warlock is offensive and can provide debuffs and damage

In my opinion the Advantages and disadvantages of each class.

Conjurer:
Advantages:
  1. Can keep his allies alive(well it's normally its main role)
  2. Can provide buffs in strength and defence
  3. Can resurrect his dead allies
  4. Good defence
Disadvantages:
  1. Low attack output
  2. If you're in full support, you can't attack back
  3. If you go offensive, you can't provide that good of support

Warlock: (I don't play Warlock so Dis/Advantages are from what I hear)
Advantages:
  1. Alot of attacking spells
  2. Can support a bit your allies too.
  3. Some nice area CCs
Disadvantages:
  1. Low defence
  2. Its range is problematic vs some other classes
  3. Its spells have a bit of more casting time

Here is a thread which explains a bit more about all classes.
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum...ad.php?t=80434

Hope I helped
Tamui no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Conju - versatile class. Can be played as offensive and supportive. His main role is supportive healer, so you will get more love if you play it like that. Highly targeted, pretty busy at wars. Can be pretty tanky, but still it is mage and dies fast. If you like to help allies and in same time survive enemy attacks conju is for you.

Warlock - purely offensive. Sayed short - my offense is my defense. Pretty easy to die. Some good players chain spells in a way that makes this class deadly and hard to kill. It is all about timing and enemy/ally awareness. Rarely used in RvR this days and alot ppl use locks to hunt.

Both are fun, challenging and tricky to master.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
roonwick
Initiate

roonwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokyy View Post
Well there is no 'best' class, it fully depends on what you want to accomplish in this game.

Would you like to be a healer? With summons who can fight for you, and spells that can buff your allies? Then choose Conjurer, it's the only Healing Class in game.

If you would like to be a damage player, killing enemies with full damage spells and cc's (crowd controls) to protect your allies from getting killed. Then choose a Warlock. Though, a warlock can not heal his allies, it's a full damage class.
if you like to support, heal and resurrect people (there is some healing outside the conjurer class, but resurrect is truely the the conjurer's domain), choose conjurer.

I wouldn't call a warlock a full damage class though. it's a full offensive class. the ONLY full offensive class. Although both marksman and barbarian easily outdamage the warlock they also have some of the best defensive spells and utility spells to stay alive by increasing their speed, decreasing damage taken and great resistance to spells or crowd control.
roonwick no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Jerver
Pledge

Jerver is on a distinguished road

i think i'm going to choose conjurer, the only thing I was wondering is what kind of summons do you have and are they strong
Jerver no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Tamui
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerver View Post
i think i'm going to choose conjurer, the only thing I was wondering is what kind of summons do you have and are they strong
You can summon Imps for 13s
Zarkit(Kind of demon) for 30s
Zombies for 18s
Lich for 40s
Golem for 240s
Now I spent some time going Warjurer(Offensive Conjurer) and my feedback would be this IN war.

Imps and Zombies- Very Low survivability. Since you can summon alot of them(2,4,6,8,10 | 1,2,3,4,5 respectively) they can do decent DoT(Damage over time).

Zarkit and Lich- These are normally what every offensive conjurer choose. They are ranged with decent damage. However their mana cost is a bit huge for their duration.

Golem- Very worthwile to get at lvls37-45 imo for grinding, however in war, it dies quickly, and you need to stand still for 10s to cast it. It is melee too, 240s of duration and 120s cooldown is good, not so much in war. It is good to help others grind though as you have a command bar which you can command your golem.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

The difference between warlocks and conjurers have been nicely explained by all the players above me. I just wanted to add that even though a warlock is unable to heal his allies, he is still capable of healing himself with the use of health drains which steal health from his enemies.

Warlocks also have the best area spells in the game, they can knock,freeze or silence and entire zerg which creates an opening for the rest of you group to attack. They were once the most vital class in large group fights but since then been nerfed but with the removal of offensive beacons I can see warlocks starting to shine again in this aspect. They also share protective area spells with conjurers and is capable of buffing allies if you chose to play a supportive roll.

Warlocks damage might not be able to match that of the other offensive sub-classes but they make up for it by having the largest variety of control spells. It is quite easy to keep a player unable to attack or cast a spell for long enough to have your DoT's drain him dry. Another one of a warlock key abilities is draining an enemies mana making him completely useless until he is able to regenerate it.

Don't think that just because conjurers are a supportive/healing class that it means they aren't good offensively. A mix of healing, protection spells and strong summons make them a deadly opponent in small scale fights. They are one of the hardest classes to beat if played well. They also share alot of the warlock classes control spells and mana draining abilities but not as well as warlocks do. However warlocks lack the defensive abilities a conjurer has.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

I suggest you to use ranged summons - Zark + Litch. Once you get them both you can fast alternate them even if one dies or gets killed. It works for both wars and grinding.

Golem simply is not worth it. Zombies and imps are only for the lulz.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Tamui
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
I suggest you to use ranged summons - Zark + Litch. Once you get them both you can fast alternate them even if one dies or gets killed. It works for both wars and grinding.

Golem simply is not worth it. Zombies and imps are only for the lulz.
I grinded from around 37 to 45 with golem, because I kept running out of mana. However higher than that lich and zarkit are better even because it is easier to hit the enemy. Just me experience anyway