Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Images

Images Screenshots, fan-art and graphics related to the game

Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
LucianDeathshield
Master

LucianDeathshield is on a distinguished road
Default regnumvideos.com

Hey everyone, here's a new website for posting RO videos, sort of like an alternative to youtube with no moderation. It has a bunch of categories for stuff like hunting, PvP, RvR and even trolling (Wasn't made by me, btw) Hope you guys start using it .. http://regnumvideos.com/ and be sure to grab your name before someone else does!

Last edited by LucianDeathshield; 03-27-2013 at 11:39 AM.
LucianDeathshield no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Awesome stuff. Bookmarked

Just an added note to the creator of the site, Is it possible to have sections dedicated to the various classes?

Here's a good example of a website with a similar purpose.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Epon
Banned

Epon is on a distinguished road

Hmmm... nice idea.. but nope.... Not for me, and youtube doesn't moderate too - Advice: Make it able to embed youtube video's on your site too... so you don't have to upload via the site only....
Epon no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
NotScias
Baron

NotScias will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking-warlord View Post
Hmmm... nice idea.. but nope.... Not for me, and youtube doesn't moderate too - Advice: Make it able to embed youtube video's on your site too... so you don't have to upload via the site only....
+1, not feeling like re-uploading.
Nevertheless it's a nice idea.

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games

Last edited by Shining-Scias; 03-27-2013 at 03:40 PM.
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #5
VandaMan
Baron

VandaMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwish View Post
Just an added note to the creator of the site, Is it possible to have sections dedicated to the various classes?
I'm not the creator of the site, but it seems like categories for classes in addition to the categories already present would be excessive. Too many categories would just make it cluttered, sometimes more organization is less effective. Additionally, categorization by classes would automatically make all videos fit in multiple categories (a barbarian who is PvPing would belong in the categories "Barbarian" and "PvP). This is what tags are for.
VandaMan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
Shwish
Baron

Shwish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandaMan View Post
I'm not the creator of the site, but it seems like categories for classes in addition to the categories already present would be excessive. Too many categories would just make it cluttered, sometimes more organization is less effective. Additionally, categorization by classes would automatically make all videos fit in multiple categories (a barbarian who is PvPing would belong in the categories "Barbarian" and "PvP). This is what tags are for.
I'm not saying that you should duplicate the videos on the datebase. You mentioned tags, I feel it would be a little better to have a link that will take you to a list of all the videos tagged as "Barbarian" for example.

Its not a major factor and its no big deal if the creator chooses not to have such a link but it would save you the user the trouble of sifting through all the PvP videos until he finds one of the class he wishes to watch. When I go to the wowmovies website, I immediately click on the rogue icon before the rest of the home page is loaded because that's what I'm there to watch.

I know the website is brand new but I hope in the future that the graphical layout can change to make it a little bit more unique to Champions of Regnum such as changing the background image and having custom made icons etc. Again this is no big deal and the site functions perfectly fine as it is but this would make it a little prettier to look at if possible.

Lastly, I think this site should be advertised on the other languages forums because there are alot of videos worth sharing coming from the Spanish and Portuguese forums as well as from the French, German and Brazilian servers.
Shwish no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
Checkit
Banned

Checkit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining-Scias View Post
+1, not feeling like re-uploading.
Nevertheless it's a nice idea.
Creator says he is working on making it so you can log in with your youtube (so videos sync when you upload), as well as the ability to import videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwish View Post

Lastly, I think this site should be advertised on the other languages forums because there are alot of videos worth sharing coming from the Spanish and Portuguese forums as well as from the French, German and Brazilian servers.
We will advertise more when it is more complete. Don't want to scare people away
Checkit no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
andres81
Count

andres81 is on a distinguished road

The site is extremely slow, can't watch well the videos there because every 5 seconds they stop to download....
andres81 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
errei
Banned

errei is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andres81 View Post
The site is extremely slow, can't watch well the videos there because every 5 seconds they stop to download....
Same here, dowloading checkits 24min video lasted 1h
errei no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote