Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #11
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winds View Post
But anyways you are right, hunter wihtout a pet ain't no marksman, but still usefull.
When I play with fort setup on my hunter I can destroy ennemies marks with attacks around 600-800, the difference is more in the range / speed / camouflage than the damage output to me.

Quote:
Well isn't it like that?

Same thing applies to other classes, you try to take out those first that have the biggest influence to the battle, if they are left to live that is. This is why first priority is to disable the enemy conjus one way or another.
No, because a conju can play before dying, a barb in war has very little to do (Owth, Onsl).
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dracus_ View Post
No, because a conju can play before dying, a barb in war has very little to do (Owth, Onsl).
Yes, Conju can acctualy do something from the backlines from relitive safetly, a barb needs to cross 30+M of getting shot to even land a single hit, then run 30+M back if he wants to live.

The only real time a barb cna charge is after a Sultars, and even then by the time you get to the enemy the ranged class's have killed many of them so you just end up cleaning scraps mostly.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #13
Winds
Pledge

Winds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dracus_ View Post
When I play with fort setup on my hunter I can destroy ennemies marks with attacks around 600-800, the difference is more in the range / speed / camouflage than the damage output to me.
I have to admit I haven't really even tried to set my hunter for fort war, even though I've many tiems though it would be nice to try it. (Too lazy and the fact that good fort wars are so rare on horus during the hours I usually play, that I prefer using my barb or lock then and keeping the hunter for downtimes.) It's great that a hunter can play well even without a pet, cause that adds variety to the setups/playing style. The problem is more in the lack of other classes being able to do the same.

Quote:
If you read the full thing that I wrote about barbs in my first post, I think you can see that I agree with melee classes being hell to play at the moment.

From playing my own barb I'd say that barbs are ok, as long as the battles are small scale (around 5-10 or less on both sides) and the opposition has melee classes too. Running after archers with a melee char is just plain boring. In bigger wars there are usually simply way too many ranged classes to let the barbarians last long enough, plus the more players the more lag and with lag melee classes turn totally unplayable.
Winds no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote